The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the West Texas warehouse and all related functions. The Warehouse Supervisor will have the vision and know how to actively implement process improvement initiatives as they relate to inventory management. The Warehouse Supervisor will ensure adherence to company policy and procedure.
• Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements. Enforcing P.P.E. requirements in work areas.
• Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
• Maintains inventory by conducting daily physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data into network system.
• Secures warehouse and inventory at the end of each business day by ensuring overhead doors, cages, and offices are secured and locked,
• Appoints a Warehouseperson to be accountable for any after-hours inventory needs due to downtime or urgent situation, and communicates inventory movement to the Superintendent and Warehouse Supervisor for approval before Material Transfer.
• Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Accomplishes warehouse resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
• Meets warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
• Ensure that warehouse transactions (e.g. receiving, issuing, transfers and requisitions) are completed timely and accurately.
• Manage warehouse team members to ensure that all projects are getting completed in a timely manner and that we are operating within the warehouse at an optimal level.
• Develops and emphasizes a culture of warehouse safety; promotes safe work practices and environmental protections, ensuring that safety standards are respected.
• Collaborate with stakeholders, corporate and field as required to ensure total customer satisfaction
• Identifies and reduces obsolete, slow moving materials; conduct random physical inventory checks and report any finding
• Initiates and ensures the team adheres to all applicable policies and procedures.
• Measure team productivity and quality performances on a consistent basis.
• Ensure warehouse and yard meet EPA and OSHA requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to be Forklift / Manlift certified.
• Extensive knowledge of oilfield and drilling materials.
• Proficient in MS Excel, Outlook and warehouse management software
• 7+ years of relevant warehouse, inventory or distribution experience.
• 4+ years of previous leadership and supervisory experience.
• Forklift operation certification
• Detail oriented with strong emphasis on quality.
• Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
• Ability to manage and motivate teams.
• Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Exercises sound independent judgement; self-directed and requires minimal supervision.
• Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with team and all levels of management and employees.
• Ability to optimize time and resources to achieve expected results; effectively prioritize and organize work to fully contribute to team efforts.
• Ability to drive implementation of policies, procedures and best practices.
• Exercises accountability, excellence, innovation, safety, teamwork and collaboration in daily activities
• Work with stakeholders to provide service levels as requested.
• Proficient computer skills in MS Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint and Outlook.
• Comprehensive knowledge of working in an Inventory Management System (SAP, Oracle, WASP, etc.).
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear.
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.