NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Company, has a contract role for an Process Engineer for a large petrochemical project. The role is based Monday-Friday in Calgary, however the individual needs to be mobile as they will be required to mobilize when the EPC company is confirmed. The Individuals must be local or have their own accommodations in Calgary to begin. Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall process design, operation and implementation.
- Monitors, troubleshoots, and optimizes operating unit key process variables to drive process and product improvements while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
- Applies technical knowledge to detect causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption.
- Follows day to day operations of the plant.
- Leads and/or participates in root cause analysis studies to resolve plant process and equipment related issues.
- Designs, runs, tests, and upgrades systems and processes.
- Assesses processes and interprets data and improves processes to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
- Develops initial scope and business case for improvements projects.
- Works with multi-disciplinary system engineering and operation teams to assist operation projects design.
- Generates and reviews systems for operational purposes to identify or solve operational and integrity related challenges.
- Reviews system control philosophies and helps in the generation of new system control philosophies and shutdown keys.
- Calculates product streams with all characteristics required by facilities process.
- Engages with engineers and operations for purposes of HAZOP studies.
- Supports implementation of new technology developments.
- Supports new product development and plant implementation.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in process engineering within an oil and gas environment;
- A degree in process engineering or chemical engineer is preferred; alternatives could be accepted based on adequate work experience and training;
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in polypropylene manufacturing operations is an asset;
- Sound knowledge of process related standards and process simulations;
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages;
- Strong ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction from several team members;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Willing to travel globally
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.