Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Salary: $12.40/ per hour
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Assist the Chief Steward and Night Cook in maintaining health on the rig through the proper preparation of food and keeping the crew and living quarters clean.
- Two years or more in a similar role preferred
- Offshore experience preferred
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Must meet all the training and certification requirements which will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for own safety as well as that of the crew
- Will be required to work over open water and at heights
- Responsible for housekeeping in his/her work and living area
- Attend and participate in all pre-tour, post tour and weekly safety meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Maintain Living Quarters
- Sweep, mop, clean, dust, empty trash, and organize offices, recreation areas, and other public areas of the rig including stairwells inside the living quarters
- Mop, change linen, clean bathrooms, clean walls, dust, and empty the trash cans in all bedrooms. (Not responsible for picking up occupant's personal clothes and items)
- Clean and sanitize the showers, toilets, and laundry facilities throughout the rig
- Segregate, remove, and dispose of trash and garbage using designated containers
- Collect and process (wash, dry, and fold) rig personnel's personal laundry as well as any other soiled laundry items used by rig personnel during their stay on the rig
- Ensure each item laundered is returned/delivered to the correct room in a timely manner. Conserve water as much as possible
- Wake up rig crew at the appropriate time as scheduled or requested
- When time permits and as requested by the Steward and/or Night Cook, the Galleyhand assigned to the living quarters will also assist with preparation, serving, or clean-up of the food and galley/mess hall area
Maintain Galley and Kitchen Area
- Perform galley and kitchen job duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Wash dishes, glassware, utensils, pots and pans used in the preparation, cooking, consumption, and serving of food consumed on the rig
- Sweep, mop, scrub, clean, and disinfect floors
- Clean and sanitize walls, tables, air vents, walk-in freezer and refrigerators, ovens, hoods, fry kettles, slicing machine, ice cream equipment, in the galley, mess hall, and storage areas
- Operate buffing equipment to wax and buff all floors throughout the living quarters
- Store food items, supplies, paper goods, and equipment used by the catering department
- Assist in peeling, chopping, and other labor duties involved in food preparation
- Prepare various drinks including brewing of coffee and stocking coolers
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter
- Must be able to work an offshore rotation schedule
- Must be capable of working in a confined marine environment and comfortable working at heights
- Physically capable of performing emergency procedures including evacuations, fire drills, and other potential emergencies
Minimum Requirements for all Ensco positions
- Commitment to Ensco's high standard of safety and willing and able to comply with all safety laws, as well as Ensco's safety policies standards and procedures
- Able to display commitment to Ensco's safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Must have excellent team-working and organizational skills
- Work effectively alone or as part of a team on projects
- Exercise sound judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- Able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance
- Available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as determined necessary to meet business needs
- PC proficiency required - competency with Microsoft Office Software suite version 2007 or greater
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Ensco is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Ensco's Vision & Values
Ensco is constantly looking for new talent. As the offshore driller of choice, we will go beyond what is expected to achieve a safe zero-incident workplace and to be the clear choice among employees, customer and investors. Are you looking for your next opportunity? See if you have what it takes to join our team, and if you see yourself within our Core Values. Apply now!
Ensco's Core Values
No harm to people, property or to the environment
Success for employees, customer and shareholders
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.