Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rancho Dominguez, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Select tools and fixtures without assistance, fit and prepare all products without support
- Setup and operate gas, stick, MIG/TIG, and sub arc welding machines and associated equipment to weld metal parts according to work orders, blueprint layouts and verbal instructions
- Comply with all company HSE, HR, and general operational and administrative policies and procedures
- Wear PPE at all times and observe health, safety and environmental policies
- Coordinate repair and troubleshooting of welding equipment with Shop Supervisor/Foreman
- Coordinate with Supervisor/Foreman daily workload, set-up, and production of Products while always following blueprints to meet product specifications, tolerances and quality
- Maintain accurate/legible records of production and machine operations
- Maintain courteous and professional relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, vendors, and contractors
- Maintain product quality and coordinate deviation corrective actions with Supervisor/Foreman immediately
- Maintain tools, gauges, ovens, inventory, equipment and welding shop in a clean, orderly and safe manner at all times
- Has ability to accurately weld common steel products without support
- Ability to read and understand work orders (written and verbal), blueprints, manuals, memos, and processes
- Ability to use developed math, reading, and writing skills within the scope of the job responsibilities
- High School or Tech School Diploma or at least one year of equivalent skills, experience, and abilities commensurate with job tasks regarding specific equipment present at Schlumberger
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.