Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for a Senior Well Examiner for a contract basis, located in Aberdeen.
The Well Examiner ensures compliance in the design, construction and maintenance of wells as defined by UK legislation. The Well Examiner utilizes the UK affiliate Company Management System document L2-AIA-01-002 Well Examination Scheme as the basis of this function. Documents and records prepared by CGA / WCM in accordance with legislative requirements, communicated via the Scheme, are examined against the scheme provisions, and records maintained in accordance with its requirements.
Within the company's organisation, and in accordance with UK legislation, the Well Examiner is independent from the Engineering and Operations functions. The Well Examiner will utilise the Company Management System and the E&P referential Drilling & Wells Company Rules in the execution of his duties. The Well Examiner will also refer to and communicate industry best practice where applicable, as well as utilise their competence and personal experience in well examination matters.
- Manage and implement the Well Examination Scheme L2-AIA-01-002.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with Well Examination legislation.
- Review and revise the Well Examination Scheme L2-AIA-01-002.
- Provide training to personnel on legislative requirements and working aspects of the Well Examination Scheme L2-AIA-01-002.
- Maintain Well Examination records in accordance with the Well Examination Scheme L2-AIA-01-002.
- Identify and adopt creative and alternative approaches to problem solving and encourage others to do the same, including industry best practice where appropriate.
- Act in the best interest of the company always.
- Be responsible for meeting objectives agreed with the Technical Safety Manager.
- Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
- Adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct.
- Evaluate risks at the appropriate level and take considered and measured risks only.
- Openly question established practices and achieve continuous quality improvements.
- Actively identify best practice and encourage an environment in which this is willingly and openly shared.
- Demonstrable experience as a well examiner with an offshore oil and gas operator.
- Degree qualified (in an engineering or technical discipline) and have appropriate experience in drilling or completions engineering and well operations, including a period spent offshore and a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory position.
- Able to meet the minimum standard as outlined in Oil and Gas UK Guidelines on the Competency of Well examiners 2017.
- Valid International Well Control Forum (IWCF) certificate at level 4 supervisor including subsea installations.
- Well Examiners will undergo a competence assessment.