Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Emergency Response, HSE Manager / Advisor, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC, through its substantial fleet of land-based drilling rigs, provides comprehensive drilling solutions to major and independent oil and gas companies.
Brief Posting Description
The HSE Advisor will be responsible for the occupational HSE-related activities for the Company's designated operational areas. This position also requires ensuring HSE risks are managed according to Company policies, standards and processes, industry best practices and standards, and in compliance with regulatory requirements. This position involves occasional manual labor functions and duties. The HSE Advisor works closely with and assists other employees and supports designated operational areas. The candidate should have experience within the onshore drilling industry, a proven track record and commitment to achieving all HSE and Company objectives.
- Coordinate with HSE Regional Manager and HSE team to ensure effective use of best practices and consistency in approach to HSE responsibilities
- Promote a risk-based approach to HSE management utilizing Company policies, standards and processes for all operational activities
- Provide HSE support, coaching and training at all levels including promoting Company's commitment to 24/7 safety culture for all workers
- Plan and participate in HSE audits/reviews of drilling operations and related assigned areas to ensure proper implementation and compliance
- Support the implementation and achievement of HSE objectives and performance measures during all drilling operational activities
- Lead initiatives to promote visible and proactive management commitment and employee engagement in HSE activities
- Review existing HSE training plans and specific training needs, provide training, as appropriate, and/or facilitate visiting specialist trainers
- Ensure compliance with system for collecting, storing, analyzing, tracking and reporting HSE performance data (e.g. Incident report findings, Audit actions, and related HSE metrics)
- Participate and audit job-planning activities, including Permission to Work (PTW), Job Safety Assessment (JSA) and hazard recognition
- Complete monthly HSE report for area of responsibility and monthly drilling operational meetings and reviews
- Participate in risk management and HSE activities including risk assessments, audits, HSE Meetings and onsite work activities
- Technical proficiency in emergency response support of coworkers as needed, ensure compliance with safety procedures, and other additional tasks as assigned
- Technical proficiency in understanding and communicating regulations, risk management and risk assessment skills
- Technical proficiency in HSE auditing, incident investigation and documentation techniques
- Proficiency with written and email communication including use of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- High school diploma, certificate or equivalent is required
- One year experience in HSE role or related experience (rig-based operations) and understanding of technicalities related to drilling processes
- Must have valid state-issued driver's license and be eligible to drive Company vehicle including ability to meet requirements of Company's Vehicle Use Agreement and Driving Policy
- Four-year college degree
- Prior Military service (any branch)
- Prior Fire/EMS & or Law Enforcement
This position requires the person to work in both office locations and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold / heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. The HSE Advisor will be regularly exposed to the typical conditions of the local area where the drilling operations and rigs are located
The HSE Advisor must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties. They must be able to work closely with others and under time-sensitive deadlines including potential emergency response situations. They must be willing to work extended schedules that will include working days; and occasionally nights, weekends and holidays.
Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.’s subsidiaries provide onshore contract drilling and pressure pumping services to exploration and production companies in North America. These subsidiaries include Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC, Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc., Universal Well Services, Inc., and Patterson-UTI Management Services, LLC.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.