Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SCOPE OF WORK
This position is reporting to the Lead Structural Engineer.
Mandatory expertise shall as a minimum cover the following:
- Technically manage and coordinate the Structural Engineering content of multi-discipline with minimal input from manager and as directed by Structural Discipline Lead.
- Carry out structural studies from pre-project to Detailed & Installation Engineering by supervising Engineering contractors teams.
- Key areas of expertise required:
? Greenfield jacket analysis and design [linear and non-linear techniques] in both Limit state and WSD
? Brownfield/LTE reassessment of jacket, piles and associated structures[linear and non-linear techniques]
? Spectral fatigue, pushover for ship impact, RIR and RIF analysis experience
? Offshore foundation design and reassessment experience
? Conductor Pipe in service and fatigue analysis experience [incl. Connectors]
? Awareness of the structural aspects of SPM for floating storage system anchoring
? RBI planning and strategic development going forward
? Expert user of SACS as a minimum with experience in USFOS
- Liaise as required with NOC's shareholders Technical Authorities Production Dept & Procurement department.
- Develop specifications for design / materials procurement according to NOC / International standards.
- Evaluate and approve Production Facilities drawings and designs, installation schemes, layouts, materials take-off for all required NOC entities.
Report to Lead Structural Engineer any defects, threats and their solutions to protect ongoing safe production operations.
The job holder will:
• Have responsibility for overseeing the STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT [SIM] system to ensure jackets/topsides and bridges' global integrity is safely and operationally ensured to maintain production / protect personnel and provide production life beyond 25 years.
• Ensure all facets of Structural Engineering under area of responsibility; for all new developments / brownfield modifications and life time extensions are technically compliant, safely and timely completed in accordance with International Standards, NOC policies, process, standards and guidelines.
• Secure Cost efficiency and develop savings in budgeting and schedule for projects that are executed within E&C.
• Maintain a high level of professional operational, technical design and safety knowledge.
• Provide advice in the field of Structural Engineering to the wider NOC community.
• Ensure the application of NOC HSE and Safety Engineering policies, process, standards and guidelines incl. international rulesets.
• Ensure that contractors comply at all times with safety rules, taking actions as required in case of disregards.
• Promote safety culture within NOC personnel and contractors as well as reporting of anomalies.
• Develop design of new structural installations or define structural modifications.
• Coordinate conceptual, FEED and detailed engineering studies / design in-house with minimal supervision.
• Generate requisitions for Structural material procurement and technical bids evaluation.
• Undertake necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions.
• Coordinate scope of work, cost estimates, budgets and technical dossiers for structure related activities.
• Input to the planning and organization and supervision of the offshore structural survey campaigns to ensure compliance.
• Assist the technical review of the bidders' proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly.
• Check and approve structural engineering deliverables received from Contractors for Basic / Detailed Engineering.
• Ensure that the Engineering Contractors submit all deliverables on time and assure them regularly to achieve NOC quality expectations.
• Perform quality control of the Engineering Contractor (Supports, Geotech, weight and stress analysis, specifications, material list).
• Carry out simplified and detailed stress analysis calculations and checks [using both manual and recognized structural engineering software]
• Draw up and cross-check relevant procedures, international standards and NOC General Specifications.
• Follow-up Purchase Orders of structure material to ensure timely approval, conformity of design.
• Interact with Third Parties such as Certifying bodies, Marine Warranty Surveyor, Process, Piping and Instrumentation disciplines mainly and interface with Procurement Dept. Perform site visits when required for the planning and execution of a Construction activity.
• Coordinate with FO entity for the integration of new structural material in existing facilities and provide trouble shooting expertise in case of interference with existing equipment. Plan and conduct KOM with contractors, JRA/work permits meetings in liaison with FO entity
• Promote and support innovation and cost reduction initiatives in the structural discipline.
• Report to Structural Lead on a daily basis as well as when decisions impacting E&C activities require to be discussed.
• Minimum Qualification: Bachelors in Civil/Structural Engineering -Master in a key area of expertise preferred
• Recognized expertise in the field of Structural Engineering of oil & gas facilities. Min 15 years' experience in offshore Structural Engineering covering Design Offices and Fabrication facilities with mandatory offshore installation activity experience, Oil Company experience preferred
• Good sense of team spirit, peer leadership, strong interpersonal / soft communication skills. Fluent in English - Verbal and written..
The deadline for submitting the application is 24th of September 2018.