Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Roles and responsibilities:
The role of the project engineer will be as follows with electrical bias.
- Carries out rig surveys.
- Creates reports, project schedule / Gantt Chart, pre-planning and resource forecasting for activities relating to the project.
- Creates installation procedures, commissioning procedures and certification data books.
- Creation of electrical diagrams for equipment installation on Mobile Offshore Drilling Units and platforms.
- Primary contact for the installation coordinator and client (internal or external) on all technical matters.
- Ensures plans are followed and monitors progress, tracking the plan vs actual based on daily reporting from the installation coordinator.
- Participates in the Management of Change process where required.
- Assists with preparation of BOM for projects.
- Evaluates equipment and certification requirements.
- Interface with the rig owner, client and classification society.
- Documents and tracks lessons learnt throughout projects.
- Participates in and promotes Behavioural Based Safety (STOP etc.)
- Assists with equipment and materials procurement, inspection, preparation and mobilisation.
- Designs, develops, tests and supports electrical and/or electronics circuits for surface equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains electrical and/or electronics circuits for surface equipment.
- Evaluates and applies standard engineering techniques and procedure in design processes.
- Provide guidance to technicians and drafters and work with them to meet the design standards.
- May develop, test and debug firmware for Microprocessor/Micro-controller/DSP system.
- Some international travel may be required.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar discipline.
- Co-op or Internship experience preferred.
- Electrical and/or Electronics design experience, field experience, reliability, PSL specific training.
- Design, installation or maintenance experience with VFD/VSD Power Supplies and control philosophy.
- Microsoft Project
Autonomy of Job:
- Under direct supervision: job duties are highly structured with infrequent but direct supervision through a process to task. Approaches to the work method are highly defined.
Leadership & Initiative of Job:
- Performs own work and provides assistance to others as directed.
- Involves organizing, work prioritization and related skills.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Innovative work-environment in a global company
- Competitive salaries and pension schemes
- Career opportunities both domestically and globally
- Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
- Focus on technology and further development
- Outstanding insurance coverage including private health coverage
- Occupational health service
- Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 62971
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.