Location: Midland, Dickinson - Texas
The Artificial Lift Solutions - Field Specialist is responsible for product support, installation, troubleshooting, and customer service in the field. He/she performs liaison activities between the customer and Schlumberger to maintain/ promote customer confidence in Schlumberger’s people, products and services.
The ALS field specialist continues to gain experience, knowledge and skills in ESP, VSD, HPS technology. Following the Momentum training and development program the field specialist is promoted to higher grade levels by acquiring greater levels of proficiency in all artificial lift technologies.
Activities associated with this position evolve:
- Extensive field work installing, commissioning and troubleshooting ESP, VSD, HPS, espWatcher and Gas Lift installations.
- Performing follow-up checks on installations to ensure unit is operating within acceptable limits, is properly protected by fine tunning motor controller alarm parameters and is fully optimized (production, voltage) for best performance
- Liaison with sales organization in job preparation and planning
- Collecting pull observations, production data, and event history on pulled equipment for use in failure analysis
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish direct communication with the customer in the field and through follow-ups to promote good customer relations
- Provide feedback to sales organization on any customer concerns/comments, competitor activity, or other potential sales opportunities
- Maintains proper tooling in a well-organized, neat, tidy and operating condition
- Orders parts, tools and materials necessary to maintain an inventory adequate to meet customer needs and manage same as not to incur unnecessary cost
- Reporting and business systems:
- All QHSE events in QUEST
- Frequently reviews new InTouch content (technical alerts, best practices, solutions, and lessons learned) to keep abreast of updates and procedures
- AEPad, FTL, ILLUMINA
- Maintains full compliance with all Schlumberger and Product Line specific QHSE policies
- Remains current on minimum job related QHSE training
- Maintains full compliance with electrical and TSM certifications
- Supports continuous improvement efforts, in line with corporate goals
- Promotes teamwork, Schlumberger values and culture
- Drive for own training and career development
- Mentors less experienced specialists
- Shares knowledge and experience with peers
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Certified electrician, or minimal 2 year technical degree having strong electrical background.
- Mechanically inclined, neat, tidy and well organized.
- Works and thinks methodically under pressure and without supervision.
- Strives for perfection.
- Likes working outdoors in challenging environments, in team environments, and through extended periods of being away from home.
- Persuasive, persistent, concern for others, able to present themselves well.
- Proficient with computers.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.