Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: 15-18 per hour
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Requires Standard Driver License, Class A CDL Preferred.
Under moderate supervision, performs such duties as required in the servicing of oil and gas wells and the maintenance and repair of service units and tools. Having satisfactorily completed all the training requirements for Trainee Operator, the Assistant Operator will broaden experience on well sites and primary tool maintenance.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties :
- Essential Functions:
1. Operates, under normal conditions, the winch unit for running in and out of the hole; "zeros" tools and monitors tension meter, cable speed, depth and spooling of cable; understands depth control and weight indicator systems; uses all winch cable safety controls.
2. Prepares well for service operations, aligns logging unit, installs sheave wheel, threads cable, and connects multiple tools as required.
3. Learns to select, load and unload required tools and corresponding surface instrumentation for the job.
4. Learns to assist the Engineer in maintenance checks of tools and equipment in the Cell.
5. Participates in inspecting, maintaining and repairing primary tools, service units, and associated equipment according to the RITE program.
6. Learns to service, maintain, and assist in marking cables.
7. Learns to build bridles and heads.
8. Identifies the surface instrumentation, tools, and associated equipment required to run each service in the district.
1. Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
2. Attends and participates in safety meetings as required
3. Keeps and maintains time sheets, and dangerous goods forms current and accurate
4. Performs tool TRIM
5. Calibrates tools as required
Previous Experience and Competencies :
Minimum requirement should be:
1. High school education, GED, or equivalent.
2. Experience in O&G industry preferred
3. Understand basic use of volt/ampmeters.
4. Standard Drivers License required
5. Class A CDL preferred
Competencies to be kept current :
1. Presents attitude and appearance in shop and field such as to enhance the Company's image and promote client relations.
2. Takes instruction in all aspects of the work for which training has been given.
3. Provides assistance and guidance to Trainee Operators.
5. Reports all malfunctions or suspected areas of trouble to the appropriate supervisory personnel and keeps the site Engineer or Wellsite Supervisor informed at all times
Oil and Gas Consultants and Engineers You Can Trust
Our primary focus is engineering, well-site supervision and project management both in the drilling and completions phases of any project. CPS has a growing number of engineers and consultants that have worked in over 42 countries and in all types of environments. Our talented team and their dedication to excellence and superior service has been and continues to be what sets CPS apart from the competition.