Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Sr. Environmental and Regulatory Specialist
- Reporting to the EHSR Manager
- Tracks regulations to determine impact on operations and advises management accordingly.
- Monitors and communicates trends and provides updates via effective communications on relevant government initiatives, regulations and policies.
- Represents and advocates on behalf of the company with state and federal regulatory agencies
- Supports Client's business by developing proactive, anticipatory federal and state environmental regulatory policy strategies and advances them
- Works with Client's government relations and communications department to support the implementation of the company's government relations strategies.
- Supports the development of Client's public policy positions by coordinating input and drafting white papers and comments on proposed regulations.
- 10 years of experience in environmental, health and safety or government relations with an emphasis on Environmental
- International project experience; Eastern Mediterranean experience is a plus
- Major oil & gas projects experience required
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to understand, analyze and monitor all regulations affecting environment, health and safety , including those promulgated by or under NEPA, CAA, EPA, BLM FLPMA, CERCLA, RCRA, ESA, SPCC, OSHA, DOT, EPA, state oil and gas commissions, and state environmental agencies.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with federal and state regulatory agencies, including the DOI (including BLM, FWS), EPA, and state environmental and oil and gas agencies
- Exception written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently using strong judgment skills.
Only applicants who are authorized to work in the US, without company sponsorship, on a full-time, permanent basis will be considered.
Established in 1991, Omega is a leading global supplier of systems and personnel to the oil and gas and energy sectors. We combine flexible personnel with expert software products to provide project teams with consistent, up to date information that improves communication, decision making and project performance.
Our business culture is transparent and open, with a service minded and entrepreneurial staff of almost 900 people of 35 different nationalities handled from 14 different offices worldwide. We can staff projects with experienced consultants or complete teams, across all disciplines, supporting projects in size from $100K to $10+ billion.