MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a broad range of geo-technical support to an active new ventures exploration team including data preparation and loading of data to workstation projects.
- Management and organization of existing corporate geotechnical data and databases.
- Data download from industry standard databases such as IHSEnergy and DrillingInfo.
- Data digitization and preparation including well logs, maps, seismic sections and capturing data in to spreadsheets.
- Assistance with preparation of management presentations and technical illustrations and charts.
- Working with other staff from different departments and disciplines to complete tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Undergraduate degree in science or mathematics, earth sciences preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard data types and formats.
- Working knowledge of exploration software suites including IHS-Kingdom and Petra.
- Strong understanding of cartography and map projections.
- Proficiency in using ArcGIS software for data compilation and geo-referencing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word). Knowledge of graphics software such as CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCad or similar an advantage.
- Applied experience with relational databases (e.g. MS Access) and data interrogation platforms like SpotFire a strong plus.
- Experience concentrated in supporting International projects is strongly preferred - some exposure to domestic US data and workflows a plus.
- Comfortable working to short deadlines.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills are essential.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.