Senior Coordinator, Regulatory Project Development POSITION OVERVIEW
The Senior Coordinator, Regulatory Project Development reports directly to the Manager, Regulatory Project Development, and will support the Corporate Environmental Department and be based in Corpus Christi, TX. Under general supervision, the Senior Coordinator is responsible for performing and supporting environmental tasks related to capital development projects, including FERC pre-filing and filing applications, environmental permitting and notifications, and regulatory support of LNG and pipeline projects in the development and construction phases. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- The Senior Coordinator will work independently in support the FERC's NEPA process for jurisdictional projects and activities, including preparation of proposals, preparing and reviewing resource reports, tribal consultations, and other documents for FERC filings.
- Lead environmental permitting aspects of project development, including permitting under the Clean Water Act (Sections 401, 402, 404, 408), Endangered Species Act consultations and Section 106 coordination. Prepare and review wetland delineation/mitigation plans, biological assessments, T&E habitat characterization, and environmental inspection and reporting during construction.
- Interface with Federal, state and local agencies, and lead communication and coordination of company activities including field visits, and environmental inspections.
- Work closely with multiple teams to identify environmental permit and project design requirements during all aspects of project development, planning, permitting, and construction execution. Ensure timely communication of project schedules and deliverables, as well as timely submission of required notifications applicable for facilities in development and under construction.
- Monitor, audit, train and prepare reports to assure compliance with environmental regulations, permit conditions, site-specific conditions, requirements, policies or other authorizing documents required by Federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Update management on any deviations related to permit conditions or other environmental performance requirements. Seek continuous improvement in alignment with corporate and facility performance goals.
- Assist with the review and oversight of new regulatory initiatives ensuring compliance with existing regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
- Familiarity with FERC Section 3 and Section 7 requirements, environmental designs and specifications, and environmental permitting and notification requirements to design and construct LNG and pipeline facilities. In depth understanding of all applicable Federal, state (emphasis on Texas), and local environmental laws, regulations, codes, and standards and permits required to construct LNG and pipeline facilities, including but not limited to: the Natural Gas Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and Clean Water Act. Comprehensive knowledge of applicable Federal and state laws, regulations, codes, and standards related to industrial and hazardous waste management.
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, or related field, with a minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in environmental project management.
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of environmental permitting experience.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.