The pipeline engineer shall support the Pipeline Lead Engineer in working with the Contractor in the expediting and assurance of the engineering documentation required for both design, procurement, and in other areas as required.
Support the Pipeline Lead Engineer to deliver, manage and assure compliance against engineering requirements with particular emphasis on providing technical assurance of the Engineering Contractor and providing technical integrity assurance.
The role requires maintaining a working knowledge of all relevant codes, standards, and regulations.
Provide technical input to risk assessments, Management of Change reviews, and project reviews.
Support and/or lead the integration of installation, fabrication, and commissioning functions in the successful delivery of the FEED and Detailed Design for the Project.
Evaluate requests for deviations to the established specifications and standards. Discipline Interface management between relevant contractors.
Support technical qualification activities as required. Support and/or lead procurement engineering activities.
As part of a small focused Project Engineering team, the successful candidate will be expected to be involved in multi discipline activities outside of the core discipline, based in Subsea Engineering Contractor's offices. The role is expected to transition through the Project life cycles from Optimise and Define into Execute.
Pipeline Engineer will be responsible for providing assurance of the pipeline deliverables in support of project progression. For Define stage and beyond, ensures that pipeline engineering across all delivery areas is delivered to the required quality, in a timely and cost-effective manner and for managing pipeline discipline assurance and regulatory compliance. The Pipeline Engineer will also provide support for technical issues as required to the Commissioning and Start-up teams.
The role will be based in Aberdeen, reporting to the Pipeline Lead Discipline Engineer. Key Accountabilities:
- Assurance of subsea contractor's key deliverables in terms of quality and compliance with the Basis of Design and engineering practice.
- Attend regular engineering and interface meetings to ensure delivery is in line with agreed work scope. Management of interfaces between the Contractor's various departments.
- Provide engineering input to contracting strategy, contractor evaluation and selection.
- As required manage Contractor's design changes through all phases of the works.
- Assist in the management of subsea technology qualification activities including ensuring actions are tracked to closure.
- Support the development of the pipeline system Integrity Management Strategies.
- Ensure an effective technical interface with the host asset Operations Team for Pipeline aspects of the scope for CNS Region subsea tie-backs including an appropriate level of support to Commissioning
- Ensure lessons learned are considered in the design and assist in feeding back project lessons learned.
- Assist in the tracking and resolution of pipeline risks and other pipeline actions.
- Promote strong HSE performance within the team and contracting organisations, upholding the Code of Conduct.
- Carry out self-verification and assurance of Pipeline discipline work in line with the principle objectives of Safe Design and Quality Build.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Consult with the Pipeline Lead and subject matter experts and technical authorities as appropriate on key issues of engineering integrity.
- Experience in relevant discipline engineering position.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the project team and Contractor.
- Ability to work to tight time schedules including demonstrated track record of delivery.
- Experience with subsea design or installation or commissioning.
- Willing to challenge and ensure engineering value is delivered.
- Flexibility to take on wider project roles as required.
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking multi-discipline decision making in an engineering role.
- Experience of working with third party design contractors.
- Experience in FEED or Detailed Design of an E&P Project.
- Previous experience with North Sea Region projects and previous experience with brownfield tie-ins on an operating offshore asset.
- Offshore/site construction and/or subsea commissioning experience.
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulatory framework governing the UK sector of the North Sea.
- Actively engages and respects contributions of others.
- Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and work with minimum direction.
- Anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them.
- Demonstrated capability of effective interfacing and leadership of parts design subsea project work scope.
- Experience with Performance Management of contractors and suppliers to ensure high standards are realised.
- Chartered / Professional Engineer status or equivalent.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.