We are currently recruiting a Rig Engineer for our activities in Kazakhstan to ensure a proper knowledge and management of drilling assets preservation and rig construction till commitment including certifications process. He/she will work in cooperation with Drilling Material Team Leader to optimize the drilling directorate assets in Bautino and offshore and focal point for possible rig construction re-use.
The key responsibilities are:
- Ensure that all NCOC NV HSEQ requirements related to materials handling and storage are in compliance.
- Ensure suitable and proper material selection is properly carried out or verified against the operating conditions before any material order is placed;
- Prepare plans and operational procedures for the preparation/handling/preventive maintenance/repair of Drilling assets materials in stock and on-call from third parties (Service Suppliers). Ensure all said services are rendered in compliance to Company's safety regulations.
- Provide prompt and consistent technical specification, further is responsible for the prompt update of the Drilling Directorate Database.
- Ensure the third party equipment on call-out is promptly delivered in NCOC NV warehouse or in the islands located offshore and return to Bautino or different locations.
- Select and approve under LM supervision all the electrical components inherent rig construction and metallurgy selection in compliance with the SoW of the rig design and budget approved.
- Perform the analysis of materials related operation's feedback and use it to advise/develop improvement.
- Time to time to visit the drilling assets and Contractors base, to audit the NCOC NV equipment/materials are properly kept and to perform technical analyses of well site drilling directorate operational activities to ensure conformance with approved projects and to identify and propose optimisation measures.
- Provide technical assistance to the operational activities related to materials/equipment services activities.
- Contribute to the materials planning of development projects to optimise the operation procedures.
- Contribute to the future development studies by advising on rig possible technologies / solutions to be evaluated, especially considering the peculiar logistic limitation of the Caspian Environment.
- The Rig Engineer will be involved in the tendering processes and contracts management related to rigs
- Review HSE risk acceptance criteria and specific emergency preparedness requirements for the equipment pressure testing bay operations.
- Maintain an overview of all non-conformances which have arisen with regard to specific to Drilling Directorate Equipment/Materials.
- Follow up the well specific HSE plan during the operations.
- Participate to regular inspections with contractor and act on the results of these.
Temporary, International residential
- Full knowledge and skills in regard of rig repair and securing; insufficient and excess thickness, film defects, zinc coated surface, coating under intumescent fireproofing, galvanising.
- Proven commitment and experience in visual and inspection of prepared and coated surface, coating thickness, special coating requirement, adhesion tests, MPI and NDT tests, blast and other cleaning procedures and quality assurance.
- Strong analytical approach to the problems, ability to analyse and solve technical and complex problems.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently, leadership behaviour mandatory.
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Able to communicate efficiently with various operational units and with a variety of nationalities and educational levels.
- In order to exercise control with the minimum of confusion, the job holder needs to be in a position to understand and process data quickly, make quick decisions and pass on instructions in a controlled and easily understood manner
- University degree on a technical or mechanical subject.
- Strong knowledge of rig materials and equipment.
- Good knowledge of all offshore materials and equipment. Skilled in material management.
- Extensive experience working within Drilling Projects.
- Coordination skills.
- Prior experience with HPHT and sour gas wells.
The Kashagan Project is one of the largest developments in extreme conditions (e.g. Ice, H2S, High Pressure, shallow water) in the history of oil & gas industry with close to 35 billion barrels of oil in place.
The full field development will consist of several phases. Other discoveries include Kashagan SW, Aktote, Kairan and Kalamkas, all located in the North Caspian Sea and covered by the North Caspian Sea Production Sharing Agreement (NCSPSA). There are seven shareholders in the Venture: CNPC, ENI, ExxonMobil, Inpex, KMG , Shell, Total.
NCOC N.V. is considered the Operator of the NCSPSA. NCOC N.V. organizational hub will be based in Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. With more than 33,000 employees working across 73 countries, our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through an ambitious strategic plan, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
ENI is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.