Skills: Client Representative, Environmental, Safety & Training, Safety Engineering
Other Skills: Onshore Pipeline Construction
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
UniversalPegasus is seeking a Safety Manager with onshore pipeline experience to work in Houston, TX. The Safety Manager will be responsible for creating, implementing, and updating all field safety plans, procedures and training that directly affect field personnel for a client-specific project. This position will be office based until construction begins and then transition to the field office for the duration of construction (working 6/10's).
• Create and implement a safety program for the field environment which ensures compliance with all local, state, federal, and host-country requirements (e.g. OSHA, CCOHS).
• Create and implement a comprehensive field safety education and training program designed to protect the safety of personnel in various working environments.
• Develop, implement, and maintain client-specific safety program deliverables to achieve program development goals.
• Manage and oversee the Safety procedures and compliance of all third party contractors, including but not limited to field safety representatives, construction contractors, and miscellaneous subcontractors, while interfacing directly with the client.
• Develop countermeasures to resolve problems identified by inspections, safety observations, audits, investigations, and accident trend analyses and tracks identified issues to closure.
• Maintain safety reporting systems, and ensure compliance with the latest client, governmental, and industry safety reporting initiatives.
• Coordinate with all client, local, state, federal, and host-country safety-related entities to ensure timely updates to policies and procedures.
• Investigate all safety-related mishaps in a timely manner and appropriately report in compliance with all Corporate, client, local, state, federal, and host-country requirements.
• Conduct client field surveillance visits, audits, creating documentation/reports, and publish findings and recommendations in a timely manner.
• Responsible for coordinating Field Safety representative requirements, scheduling client-specific training requirements, drafting and coordinating site-specific field safety plans, and reporting client/contractual safety statistics.
• Maintain and promote professional business relationships with all UPI clients.
• Experience developing and implementing oil and gas pipeline safety programs.
• 10-15+ years of experience in the oil and gas pipeline industry, with pipeline construction experience.
• Well versed in compliance with regulations promulgated by regulatory agencies such as state and federal OSHA, and the Department of Transportation, and applicable consensus standards such as the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
• Strong writing and organizational skills are a MUST.
• Current OSHA 500 certification preferred.
UniversalPegasus offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health care, dental, vision, 401(k), educational assistance, and PTO plans.
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide.
Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safe, and innovative services, while delivering unmatched expertise and value to oil and gas clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus employs over 1,500 employees and has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
Visit us on the web http://www.universalpegasus.com and connect with us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/universalpegasus-international.