Skills: WellSite Supervisor, Dynamic Pressure Management (MPD / UBD)
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Primary responsibilities of this position are the delivery of High Quality MPD Operations including pre-planning to our Clients at the Wellsite. Service quality, job preparation and planning and job safety are key priorities and producing the End-of-Well performance summary reports and recommendations. The DPM Field Specialist will work within a Team of between 2-8 personnel at the Wellsite. Field Specialists will work closely with other key personnel on location: Company Men, Directional Drillers, Data Techs, Drilling Foreman and Drillers. DPM will rely on the Specialist to provide strategic customer information including client product and service requirements and expectations and post-well satisfaction.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Delivery at the Wellsite of Managed Pressure Drilling jobs including pre-planning and logistics, supervision of all on-site DPM personnel and End-of-Well performance summary reports.
• Troubleshoot for field operations; Manage client relationship and expectations; Monitoring of equipment & instrumentation; operating and maintaining database and data collection; Updating and calibrating CCS software.
• Knowledge of slinging and lifting overhead loads
• Understand the dangers of energized fluids and associated equipment; of noxious fumes; of working around high pressure lines; and of O2 deficient atmospheres.
• Understand Process and Information Diagrams and Flow Systems
• Familiar with regulatory code and safety policy
• Advanced understanding of mechanics and hydraulics; Basic understanding of electronics
• Familiar with drilling issues as they relate to drilling velocity to clean a well
• Must be capable of communicating with both technical and non-technical personnel at field and office level.
• Understanding of interfacing protocols i.e. WITS and OPC **WORKING CONDITIONS: **This is primarily a field position and requires worldwide travel on short notice.
• There is no set rotation and individuals can expect to be in the field in excess of 30 days at a time. This position requires shift work with a typical shift length of 12 hours, however, including change
• Over between shifts and attending required meetings, the average day may be 14 hours. If a problem with the DAPC system occurs when Company Personnel is off shift he/she will be called upon to troubleshoot and repair the problem.
• A diploma in a Technical Field-preferably mechanical, electronical or instrumentation, or the equivalent in industry experience
Additional Job Details:
• Candidates must break-out from a FS trainee position within 1-year as a Field Specialist, and must have a minimum of 5 years related MPD experience prior to becoming the lead WellSite Supervisor.
Oil and Gas Consultants and Engineers You Can Trust
Our primary focus is engineering, well-site supervision and project management both in the drilling and completions phases of any project. CPS has a growing number of engineers and consultants that have worked in over 42 countries and in all types of environments. Our talented team and their dedication to excellence and superior service has been and continues to be what sets CPS apart from the competition.