Tacoma, Washington, United States
Tacoma, Washington, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Terminal Maintenance Technician for their facility located in Tacoma, WA.
- This position will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, preventive and predictive maintenance and proper function of mechanical/electrical/pneumatic equipment including, but not limited to;
- hot oil heaters,
- mechanical seals,
- fans, and
- motor starters.
- The technician will be able to troubleshoot and safely repair assigned equipment.
- Must be proficient in the use of tools including;
- laser alignment,
- welders- gas & electric,
- rigging equipment.
- Responsible for documentation of all work activities through Maximo (CMMS) and maintain parts and materials inventories as required
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
- Experience in maintaining pumps and valves
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call outs as need to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams and equipment/parts suppliers; able to work in a self-directed work team.
- Ability to lift, pushes, and pulls 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions with an outside plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- A minimum of 5 years maintenance experience, strong mechanical aptitude, CMMS experience, Pump, boiler and hot oil heaters experience, performing preventive and predictive maintenance, diagnose, trouble-shoot, repair, and maintain facility equipment.
- Technician will be required to safely perform structured preventive and corrective maintenance assignments using written job plans.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note - Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.