Education: Some College
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To support the Finance Manager and Project Management team in providing relevant and reliable financial information, to aid operational and project-specific decision making.
Preparing, monitoring, controlling and reporting of financial information, in line with corporate requirements and to support the achievement of operational and financial results in line with company targets and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively participate in HSE initiatives and ensuring safety comes first.
- Provide support, development and financial guidance to the Finance team.
- Provide admin support to Project Managers in the preparation of their monthly status reports.
- Assist Project Managers and Finance with monthly variance analysis and forecast preparation, which must be reliable and timely.
- Integrate fully with the site operations team to understand the manufacturing process and associated costs.
- Contribute to the monthly Finance close and control process and support in any financial queries.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with interim and year-end financial audits.
- Assist the Supply Chain department to ensure Aged Inventory is carefully monitored and Open Purchase orders closed out accordingly
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place across the business (SOX) and compliance with financial reporting standards (UK & US GAAP).
- Maintain management financial reporting templates.
- Strive for continual development on a technical and personal basis.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in acccordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to continuous improvememnt of the environment
This position has no direct supervisory responisbilities
- Some level of accounting experience and qualification (HNC/HND or University Degree)
- Previous experience in a fast moving and deadline driven finance department
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to communicate and present high level information to non-financial managers.
- Well Organised and able to work to business deadlines in a corporate environment.
- Previous experience using an ERP System.
- Ability to demonstrate Microsoft Excel skills to a reasonable standard.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.