Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Supplier Quality and Supplier Relationship manager ensures suppliers reliably supply goods or services that satisfy Oceaneering's and our customer's requirements in a timely manner for the region or assigned scope of supply.Moreover, this position manages the cross-functional business relationships required to develop and implement collaborative supply strategies, end to end contracting, supplier performance management, and continuous improvement operations in the region. Serve as the primary change agent that leads the relationship between Oceaneering and suppliers in eliminating risk and improving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost in the regional supply base. Furthermore, serve as the primary interface between suppliers and Oceaneering's operational, supply chain and engineering/operational teams.
- Cultivate a strong business relationship with assigned suppliers that causes high supplier performance in SQDC.
- Ensure clear communication of proper technical, quality, legal and commercial requirements for product and services.
- Create, implement and manage a Sourcing Plan in order to achieve the best commercial position for Oceaneering.
- Lead contract strategies, negotiations and supplier selection to create a win-win situation for OII and supplier.
- Develop effective reduction in cost of poor quality (COPQ) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for key suppliers
- Understand OII Product Roadmaps, communicate to suppliers and capitalize on supplier innovation activities.
- Work with operational, project personnel to assure safe and timely delivery of quality products/services which satisfy all requirements.
- Lead assessment, due-diligence, communication, and mitigation of supplier risk for assigned area of supply
- Establish long-term strategic supplier development plans in support of product/service roadmaps and risk prevention
- Lead cross-functional teams in the qualification of candidate suppliers, their products/ services and issue resolution.
- Lead supplier development projects which improve capability, availability and performance in SQDC
- Utilize advanced quality practices and tools to analyze risks and systemic issues and transform supplier quality
- Continually monitor supplier performance; creating action plans and driving improvements where necessary.
- Perform supplier capability assessments and audits related to quality systems, process controls, manufacturing capabilities, and lean-Six Sigma maturity
- Lead problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers
- Lead change management to ensure flawless implementation of new zero defect processes
This position has nodirect supervisory responsibilities. However, the SQE shall effectively lead cross-functional teams in executing actions which impact P&L performance and measurably reduce risk to the business.
This position will directly report to the Director of Procurement
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with concentration in Quality Engineering preferred
- Relevant experience in Quality / Supplier Quality Engineering positions
- Ability to demonstrate experience with quality systems and leading continuous improvement processes
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 QMS requirements
- Knowledge of various quality systems, tools and methodologies
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision
- Masters degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with concentration in Quality Engineering preferred
- Qualified and competent as a ISO 9001 lead auditor
- Project management preferred
- Six sigma, Lean or equivalent certification
- Experience with forgings, castings, and machining principles
- Knowledge of metallurgy
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.