Skills: Drilling Superintendent
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Drilling and Completion Supervisor for our activities in Nigeria, to ensure drilling and completion execution assuring that operations conforms to plans and are being carried out safely, efficiently and economically, managing manpower, rigs, material supplies and stocks, resolving difficulties which could otherwise delay drilling progress.
The key responsibilities are:
- Participate as the Company's representative for well construction activities and at rigsite.
- Ensure that data and information are collected and correctly transferred
- Provide suggestions on the most effective methods and technologies aimed at improving safety and performances of the well operations.
- Provide information to the Assistant Manager, Drilling immediately should there be any significant problem, incident or change to program, e.g. drill string washout/twist off, unexplained pump pressure increase/decrease, major increase in gas levels, positive flow check/ "kick" or other well control situation, drilling fluid loss circulation, major tight hole/stuck pipe, any accidents/injuries etc
- Prepare such hydraulics, pre-kick calculations and other drilling parameter requirements as required.
- Supervise drilling and completion operations carried out by Company's and Contractor's personnel at rigsite.
- Coordinate drilling and completion activities in accordance with drilling programme, specification, Company procedures and best practices
- Ensure that reports on the progress of operations are made to the Assistant Manager, Drilling Operations on regular basis and agree on any corrective action if necessary.
- Prepare and deliver ALL the Company Forms: DDR, FB01, FB02, etc; as per eni Standards
- Ensure that drilling and completion operations are carried out in safety, with good oilfield practice and in accordance with programme and all the relevant Company standards and HSEQ procedures.
- Comply with the requirements of the different HSE policies of the Company, by applying the HSE Integrated Management System and the HSE Management System Guidelines and providing proper HSE conditions of work to everyone.
Temporary, international, rotational 28/28
- Problem Solving
- Planning target control
- Decision Making
- Change management
- Listening and reception
- Bsc,HND in Geology/Petroleum Engineering or its equivalent
- Experience in the planning and coordination of drilling programmes and operational activities
- Experience in the safe drilling and logging of wells in order to fully meet prognosis targets in different operative and geological situations.
- Analytical judgment in well operations activities. Makes a considerable number of non-routine decisions, with very significant time and cost implications.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. With more than 33,000 employees working across 73 countries, our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through an ambitious strategic plan, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
ENI is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.