Compliance and Regulatory
- Manage external risks and ensure compliance with Indian legislative requirements for Shell India Markets as an entity (Country and SBO)
- Execute local ER Strategy and plan based on global ER/IR philosophy
- Manage high-impact or high-risk individual or collective disciplinary, grievance or other ER/IR issues.
- Proactively build relationships with key external stakeholders like labor authorities, employment law experts and industry forums
- Proactively shape Shell India ER/IR regulatory framework along with Legal, Government Relations, External Relations, Ethics and Compliance
Industrial relations & Contingent Workforce management
- Develop and leverage relationship with Union and employer associations
- Represent Shell externally as a recognised expert in country-specific issues
- Partner with local ER/IR advisors to support any form of engagement with local authorities on a case by case basis
- Have oversight and influence of major contractors in their IR strategy/tactics with reference to CLRA Act (liaise with CP)
- Assess IR management component of contractor tenders and manage relationship with employers of contractors (regulation of terms, co-employment risk)
HSSE, Compliance & Ethics
- Partner with local ER/IR advisor for local crisis management governance and manage HR angle of crisis in collaboration with key stakeholders like Country Chair, RE, Health and Services
- Ensure duty of care towards employees and contractors (worker welfare)
Capability and community building
- Ensure robust information & knowledge management relating to country specific employment law and requirements
- Collaborate with HR Expertise to ensure good solid knowledge of Labor Practices standards internally and keeping up to date with the external news and development
- Coach HR Advisors and Line Managers and SIMPL directors on their employment law related responsibilities (including management of contingent workforce)
Proactively manage and enable a healthy ER/IR environment in country, using data to proactively identify emerging ER/IR trends and define mitigations for potential future risks
Reports to Country ER/IR Manager
Accountable for employment related regulatory and compliance (including contingent workforce) for SIMPL (as a legal entity) i.e including country businesses and SBOs
CLRA Focal point for INDIA
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
HR professionalism - protect our license to operate. Country ER/IR Advisors should be the experts on employee engagement, industrial relations and complex case management:
- Able to identifiy and understand local external market trends (economic, political, social) and derives insights to drive effective a long-term ER/IR environment.
- Organisational health/capability diagnostic and design skills.
- Strong diagnostic and evaluation skills - able to distill key themes and value drivers from complex and sometimes conflicting data and insights.
- Influencing skills to effectively manage a broad range of both external and internal stakeholders including 3rd party bodies and government agencies.
- Deep subject matter expertise in country-specific ER/IR legislation, regulations, directives, practices and processes
- Deep subject matter expertise in country-specific employee representative processes including CLAs
- Strong coaching and influencing skills
- Collaboration/integrative leadership (with other parts of the HR organization)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video