Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Truck / HGV Driver
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Monitors and audits driver records; coaches and trains employees in positions requiring compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carriers Safety (FMCSA) regulation. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Safety Manager or DOT Compliance Manager
Directs Reports: None
- Ensures compliance with Hours of Service (HOS) program, Driver Qualification (DQ) documentation, timely review of Motor Vehicle Reports (MVRs) for company’s truck and heavy equipment or fluids transport drivers
- Assists with company’s drug and alcohol testing administration by being attentive to drivers’ unusual or erratic behaviors that may be indicative of a substance abuse issue and justify reasonable suspicion testing
- Provides liaison with Global Positioning System (GPS) vendor; monitors equipment in company vehicles to ensure equipment is operating correctly
- Assists with vehicular incident investigations, providing reports to management and ensuring accurate logs are maintained for each vehicle
- Participates in the development and implementation of fleet safety programs, including vehicle maintenance and inspection programs; participates in regular safety meetings to give drivers feedback and information to perform their duties safely and competently
- Performs random inspections of vehicles and driver procedures to enforce company safety policies; communicates all findings with management to ensure awareness of areas needing improvement
- May be requested to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education
- Current working knowledge of DOT and FMCSA regulations for general industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills, especially Microsoft Office software
- Able to work independently under general direction
- Able to prioritize work for timely completion
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Experienced official representative of public transportation regulating agency
- Long periods of sitting and standing may be necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Vision to detect mechanical defects or abnormalities, as well as potentially unsafe behaviors
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment