Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides innovative drilling technology, directional drilling operations and drilling instrumentation and software. Through its various subsidiaries, Nabors manufactures and sells top drives, catwalks, wrenches, drawworks and other drilling related equipment which are installed on both onshore and offshore drilling rigs.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Drilling Performance Technician.
The Drilling Performance Technician provides support for NDS Drilling Performance Products and Services. The technician also analyzes performance data to proactively increase drilling efficiency in an effort to maximize the overall effectiveness of NDS products and services.
• Drilling Performance Operations
o Analyze and Interpret Equipment Commissioning Data
o Analyze and Interpret EDR Data
o Engage With Customers in Drilling Performance Discussions to Improve Drilling Efficiency
o Create Reports for Internal/External Distribution on the Performance of NDS Drilling Products
o Provide Basic Troubleshooting Support for NABORS/NDS Software and Equipment
o Be Able to Write Clear and Concise Troubleshooting Documents
• Customer loyalty
o Build strong relationships with customers based on thorough understanding of drilling challenges/solutions and the application of NDS technologies.
o Support the differentiation of the Nabors offering by working closely with customers to become an integral part of their processes to measure and improve performance.
• Sales Support
o Support account managers during sales calls and customer visits including technical discussions, product presentations and product training.
o Identify, validate and qualify opportunities for application of NDS technologies
• Product Development
o Provide input for product planning based on customer feedback.
o Guide product development by presenting end user and customer input
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Detail Oriented
• Basic Understanding of Computer Networking
• Computer Proficient
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
• Working Knowledge of the Oil and Gas Industry
• BS in Computer Science or Engineering
• MWD or Directional Experience
• Advanced Computer Networking Skills
• Familiarity with Drilling Performance Products
• Familiarity with Instrumentation Software
Essential Skills / Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter; Attention to detail; ability to deliver quality reports and document with minimum supervision.
• Excellent Interpersonal and Written Communication Skills
• Ability to Work 12 Hour Shift (day/night) on a Weekly Rotation
• Flexible Schedule
• On-Call Availability
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.