Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Sr. Linux System Administrator position support, administers and maintains all the Linux servers hosted in Nabors, the position will be accountable for server builds, patching, backup, recovery and administer / maintain all Linux systems with high standards and best practices
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Linux Administrator for business critical systems.
• Serve as subject matter expert for the unix based systems.
• Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain the unix environments.
• Perform backup and recovery.
• Implement and maintain security,
• Capacity planning and performance tuning
• Provide solutions to the escalations from DBA's and developers.
• Provide 24/7 support
• Install new / rebuild existing RHEL and OEL 5.x/6.x/ 7.x servers in Physical/VMWARE virtual environments and configure hardware, peripherals, services, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• In-depth knowledge in Red Hat / Oracle Enterprise Linux,
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Apply critical OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Minimum 7 years of experience as Linux System Administrator.
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Strong understanding of SAN storage and LUN mapping to Linux servers
- Exceptional ability to diagnose and solve system problems while working under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines with limited resources environment.
- Expert in shell scripting, should have created, maintained and tune complex system maintenance scripts.
- Experienced in CUPS, LVM, Samba share, OCFS, NFS, PGP, RSYNC, OpenSSL, PGP, Sendmail.
- Bachelors / Master degree in computer science or related field
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to work productively and professionally with any level of business and technical resources.
- Experience in Cisco UCS servers and HP 3PAR, Pure storage.
- Experience in VMWARE virtualization
- Experience in implementing Oracle RAC clusters, Weblogic, JBoss, wildfly on Linux
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.