Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S. and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides innovative drilling technology, directional drilling operations and drilling instrumentation and software. Through its various subsidiaries, Nabors manufactures and sells top drives, catwalks, wrenches, drawworks and other drilling related equipment which are installed on both onshore and offshore drilling rigs.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified MPD Field Engineer.
To oversee and execute all MPD field operations for Nabors projects, to specifically ensure that we can satisfactorily exceed client requirements and achieve Nabors Mission Zero. Primary technical focal point to analyze, review and properly document entire project field data and reports for discussion with the customer. The Manage Pressure Drilling Field Engineer directly reports to the geomarket /district area lead and to the business unit operations manager.
• Responsible for the MPD operational procedures and contingencies plan, optimizing drilling operations related to influx, losses, stuck pipe, and any downhole pressure related event.
• Establish and maintain regular communication between rig operations and office base. Regularly attend customer, operational and engineering meetings while providing relative feedback and advice to all parties concerned. Updates will include all operational, technical and QHSE related matters
• Support engineering tasks for mange pressure drilling and technical reports, EOWR, present to customer prior, during execution and post job results.
• Timely notify Nabors operation management of any changes on MPD program. Understand and run hydraulics software program for surface annular backpressure while drilling and during connections, trapping pressure schedule and stripping schedule. Create mud roll over schedule.
• Overall responsibility for all operational and technical field equipment operational and handling.
• Perform rig up and rig down, equipment cleaning, inspection, repair and maintenance. Always complying with Nabors policies.
• Oversee and coordinate equipment maintenance, manage the job timeline, procurement activities and properly record any necessary documentation.
• Ensure any project changes or additional requirements are discussed with the customer, while being directed and approved by Nabors geomarket and product line managers.
• Prepare lessons learned, alerts, failure report, track inventory and schedule equipment maintenance.
• Responsible role for training and mentoring Nabors rig crew and customer at the rig-site.
• Degree or certificate in Petroleum, Mechanical Engineering disciplines
• Valid Well Control Certified
• Minimum 3 years' experience in MPD Services
• Expert knowledge of handling choke, choke control system and instrumentation.
• Understand RCD equipment and handling.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• This is a field rotational job with up to 35 days on rotational schedule, typically 4 weeks and 2 weeks off working 12 hr. shifts.
• Schedule flexibility may be required to meet Customer drilling schedules.
• Valid Driver's License.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.