Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Responsible for providing a high level of accuracy, efficiency, and customer service in the performance of routine Accounts Payable (AP) invoice processing activities. All duties are performed in full compliance and accordance with corporate policies, internal controls, and/or external regulatory reporting requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Key/Input invoices (credit memos, non-PO and PO)
• Mail & document scanning/importing to imaging system
• Weekly team invoice self-audits
• Manage assigned customer service ticket requests (i.e. recurring payment setups, document retrieval, etc.)
• Maintain utility log & liaison with utility companies to prevent/resolve disconnection notices
• Researching vendor statements & unpaid invoices
• Provide guidance and training to AP users
• Working with other departments to resolve invoicing issues
• ERP system testing of patch releases & enhancements
• Creating & updating desktop procedures manuals, as needed
• Other tasks and/or special projects, as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
High School Diploma or equivalent.
2-4 years of AP experience using a major ERP system such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, or SAP.
Advanced knowledge on Purchase Order invoice processing
Intermediate Excel formula proficiency (Pivot tables, subtotal, filtering, sort)
Oracle 12i iSupplier.
International Payables and VAT/Sales Tax experience.
Oil and gas industry experience.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to self-develop & complete tasks independently with minimal assistance.
Willingness to proactively initiate and implement process improvements.
The ability to deal effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
Strong time management skills.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.