Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Other Skills: Microsoft Project, Primavera, Earned Value reporting
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Direct Hire
- Civil, Highway, Bridgework & Utilities experience
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Primavera, Earned Value reporting
Will play a vital role in a construction project, helping to manage both time and resources to ensure work is completed on time.
- The job of a scheduler is to create timetables for the entire project, which includes determining the timing of tasks and when specific materials will be needed. Construction work is often cyclical, and delays are normal, so a scheduler must make sure projects are fully staffed when appropriate and that workers are able to access tools and building materials.
- If an unanticipated delay arises, the scheduler must readjust timetables as much as possible to avoid wasting further time and money; this may be challenging, especially given the external pressures from clients, government restrictions, and the project manager.
- Construction schedulers usually work directly under the project manager, and consult with the manager about creating schedules and managing delays.
- The position may also include supervising an assistant, who helps manage information and perform duties as assigned by the scheduler.
- In most cases, construction schedulers have a high school diploma or equivalent, though some may have higher education.
- In this job, experience and proven performance are frequently more important than formal schooling.
- Most schedulers have worked extensively in the construction field and understand the process of completing construction work, as well as the nuances of scheduling both workers and materials without wasting either.
- Many construction schedulers begin work in the position as an assistant or subordinate and accumulate experience before moving into the supervisory position.
Located minutes from downtown Houston, "The Energy Capital of the World," G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. is a staffing specialist to the Oil and Gas Industry.
G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. was established in 1970 as an Oil and Gas staffing firm serving companies along theTexas Gulf Coast. Since our inception, we have grown into a global Staffing Specialist assisting the United States' top Energy companies and professionals. We are dedicated to providing the leading EPC and Operating companies with superior staffing services and employment management across the nation and around the world, while matching our employees with their future project opportunities.
Our priority is matching clients with employees, not only based on job requirements and worker expertise, but giving due consideration to the business goals of our clients as well.
A growing market requires focused endeavors to circumvent industry challenges. We manage your employment requests; improving cost control, increasing productivity, and reducing risks.
Design and Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance
Contract, Direct, Contract-to-Direct, Project Management, Payroll Services, Global Logistics and Resources, Recruitment: Expats, OCNs, Locals
Fast fact about G.A.S. Unlimited
• Headquarters: 15999 City Walk Suite 200 Sugar Land, TX 77479 United States
• Website: http://www.gasglobal.com
• Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
• Type: Privately Held
• Company Size: 501-1000 employees
• Founded: 1970
• 42 Years in Business
• Leader in its Field
• Work with Nearly All of the Leading Global EPC Firms (Bechtel, CB&I Lummus, Fluor, Foster Wheeler, Jacobs, KBR, Shaw, Technip, Wood Group, Worley Parsons)
• Provided services to clients on 6 continents
•Focus on All Phases of Asset Life Cycle (Engineering/Design, Construction, Commissioning/Start Up, Operations & Maintenance)
•Operations in 15 Countries
•Expanding to 12 new countries in 2011
•40 years of staffing experience
•Global provider of highly skilled contract personnel to the Energy industry