Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
WorleyParsons is looking for a Payroll Manager to join our team in Aberdeen City Centre on a full time permanent basis. This is to manage and contribute to the successful implementation of a new payroll platform, provided by a third party payroll provider. The Payroll Manager will is also in charge of a small team and will be required to report to the financial controller.
- Migration of data from existing platform
- Development and documentation of new processes and control procedures
- Reconciliation of parallel runs
- Working with wider business to ensure they understand and are ready to support the implementation of new processes.
- In tandem, develop new time-writing processes controls and reporting following a recent ERP implementation
- Working in tandem with business managers and HR to ensure new processes assure receipt of quality information by third party payroll provider.
- Maintaining a successful working relationship with the payroll provider, to ensure any issues are quickly resolved, with minimal disruption to the business, and that processes are managed efficiently.
- Providing day to day support on payroll and time related queries
- Providing regular and ad hoc reports to stakeholders
- Managing payroll audits, and facilitating the delivery of payroll information to projects for client audits.
- Keeping up to date on relevant payroll and legislation updates and their implications on budgets, forecasts, and costing calculations.
- Continue to develop processes and controls for maximum efficiency. This may include additional deployments.
- Work with HR and third party provider to handle mass data amendments and legislative change.
- Work with IT in assuring a robust data retention and archiving solution.
- You will ideally have experience in a similar role, either managing an in-house payroll department or managing a payroll via a third party supplier, with a focus on process efficiency.
- A payroll management qualification and/or an accountancy qualification would be advantageous.
- You will have proven ability to build relationships across a variety of levels and functions; and will have shown a passion for high quality customer service.
- You will have demonstrated an ability to manage and develop teams.