Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston , Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance for specific and selective business opportunities or challenges prioritized based on value and risk. They are responsible for the satisfactory delivery of finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes on the project/transaction involved. Finance advisors are front line to the JV partners, acting in roles including Audit Chairs, Treasurer, and Finance Manager for those entities. The Finance Advisors also play a key governance and oversight role for NOVs.
- Ensure that Finance risks are integrated into the full value and risk discussion supporting business decision making
- Support the implementation of a robust Business Control Framework and related performance management framework
- Work on various opportunities across multiple activities/assets
- Work with the business or functional lines as the voice of Finance on specific projects/transactions
- Intervene to support business outcomes following through to issue resolution
- Support acquisition & divestiture targets for the MLP through preparing data room financial forecasts, stress testing and defending MLP drop forecasts, and responding to challenges from the conflicts committee and its financial advisors. Provide analysis and support for the valuation.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or another relevant discipline
- 3+ years of broad finance knowledge and expertise with strong financial analytic, diagnostic and economic valuation skills
- Strong understanding of Accounting, including different methods of accounting for JVs (cost method, equity method, and consolidation)
- Experience identifying contractual risk, reviewing and analyzing financial statements, performing modelling and financial forecasting, and applying risk management techniques
- Experience in a business support role and business performance improvement is highly preferred
- Ability to gain the confidence of internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value, and risk
- Flexibility and agility to deploy the appropriate finance skills to address the specific and varying business needs
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insights to the table
- Ability to apply a risk-based, practical approach to problem solving, coupled with the ability to rationalize decisions with significant uncertainty and incomplete information
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video