Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Engineering Manager, Technical Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Description of role
This role shall be responsible for the assurance of electrical generation and distribution systems and its safe and reliable operation across all Perenco UK SNS operational offshore and onshore assets. There will be responsibility to own and ensure compliance with company electrical performance standards and HSE legislations.
In view of the nature of this role flexibility is required to work from our base Norwich, with routine visits to our offshore assets and terminals.
Key responsibilities include:
• Discipline owner of performance standards, maintenance strategies and Written Scheme of examination
• Discipline owner for maintenance routines (PMTs / PMRs)
• Assurance of, and, where required, approval of technical modifications to Performance Standards, Maintenance Routines and Written Scheme of
• Discipline focal point for regulators and external agencies
• Discipline focal point for technical risk identification and advice to Operations Management
• Technical approval for Project SORs, Project PeMOCs and operational PeMOC
• Technical input to risk assessments (from HAZOPs, TRMs, ORAs, etc)
• Technical incident investigation
• Promote discipline 'best practice' through networking groups / forums
• Develop and assess relevant discipline competency framework and training requirements
• Assist with discipline recruitment at all levels
• Act as technical mentor for engineers, technicians, graduates and students
• Carry out technical elements of competency reviews for discipline engineering personnel
• Discipline owner of PUK standards and policies
• Conduct periodic reviews of SNS standards and policies to ensure compliance
• Ensure correct application of relevant SNS and industry standards, policies and practices
• Approve technical deviations from SNS standards and policies (with appropriate RA)
• Carry out technical oversight and assurance of discipline related activities as mandated by PUK assurance processes. Typically this will include:-
- Site Assurance Surveys
- Leadership Field Assessments
- Local Investigations
- Work-order/ Repair Order completion sample reviews
- Management of Change Audits
Safety Critical Elements include:
• Compliance - Safety Critical Equipment -Ensure compliance with all safety critical equipment and the use of the most appropriate inspection techniques
• Compliance (HSE) - Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice for all aspects of production operations. Ensure that the HSE & DECC are informed of operational issues as appropriate and develop good relations with them to minimise regulatory penalties
• Incident and Accident Investigation - Be able to thoroughly investigate the more serious incident and accidents to ensure lessons are learned and manage our reputation with the regulators
• Maintenance Management System
Ensure all Maintenance activities and all data to be recorded against Safety Critical Equipment within the Maintenance Management System is submitted in an accurate and timely manner
• Management of Change (PMPs) - Review PMPs for the more significant modifications. This requires good judgement to ensure asset integrity is maintained.
• Risk Management - Understand and manage the offshore operations to ensure that Perenco UK are not taking inappropriate risks in executing their work. This requires a thorough knowledge of HSE acceptable standards, risk management tools and practical operational experience to ensure the correct risk/benefit analysis is carried out.
• Safety Leader (Maintain safety culture) - Provide safety leadership to the onshore or offshore teams by making the appropriate interventions to prevent unsafe situations or unacceptable risks being taken whilst ensuring work is carried out efficiently. Need to challenge traditional thinking where appropriate
• Chartered Engineer in good standing with the Institute controlling the TA discipline or demonstrably working towards chartership.
• A higher Degree in a directly related discipline.
• A minimum of 10 years' experience in a directly comparable technical environment.
• PUK may appoint Technical Authorities based upon experience alone. This will be case dependent, but should consider the following criteria:-
• Previous experience of developing and approval of maintenance and integrity strategies.
• Previous experience of developing and managing the delivery of the applicable Performance Standards.
? A proven record of technical management within the appointed discipline.
• A full understanding and a record of implementing the applicable regulation, codes and standards applicable to the full remit of PUK operations.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision