Skills: MWD / LWD
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Youngsville, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Leader Engineering are seeking MWD Field Engineers for one of our clients, based out of Youngsville, LA.
- $14.00/hr - $16.00
- $21.00/hr - $24.00/hr overtime rate
- Typically 12-hour days or more.
- The work is both onshore and offshore depending on location living, (Typically 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off).
- Maintaining logs while drilling.
- Assembly/Disassembly of MWD Pulsar Equipment.
- Creating reports for logs made for information purposes.
People with previous experience in this should also apply:
- Collecting cuttings samples for on-going information to the drilling engineers and for further research,
- Wash, dry and screen samples, divide them into correct portions and packs them by sets for Client, partners and trade;
- Alert people when noticing unusual cuttings sizes and shape, lack of cuttings whilst drilling, gas cut mud and visual inspection of gas sampling apparatus at the shakers;
- Assist the GSS Field Specialist/Engineer trainees in monitoring the well and in the maintenance of the equipment.
- This is an entry level position, catching mud samples from the well, running logs or remote logging services.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
What we Offer
Established in 2005, Leader Engineering provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to Oil and Gas Upstream, Midstream, Renewable, Environmental and Civils projects globally. Through our understanding of technical job specifics, we can provide unparalleled levels of support to both our clients and personnel. We offer complete management of the recruitment process including mobilization and ongoing infield support. Our Consultant Care Initiative has been designed to ensure that our personnel are kept informed, safe and secure whilst on site.
Leader Engineering, today a renowned provider of oil and gas consultants to the energy industry worldwide, was originally formed in 2005 by an engineering family from Scotland, a country which has long enjoyed an outstanding international reputation for engineering. In everything we do, we set ourselves the highest standards, and our partners often comment on our ability to remain professional whilst still being approachable and friendly.
Founded originally as an “administrative entity” for processing the inevitable paperwork, Leader Engineering has evolved steadily over the years to become a recognised leader in engineering consultancy services.
Our resultant in-depth understanding of the oil and gas market, paired with our own in-house engineering knowledge and skills, means we are ideally placed to protect the interests of our consultants.