Skills: IT - Software Development, Software Specialist
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for a Java Software Engineer for a permanent basis, located in Aberdeen.
As a result of continued success in the subsea integrity management field and diversification initiatives in other industries, a new opportunity has arisen for a Java Software Engineer to work in a software team in Aberdeen. The position will provide an excellent opportunity for a creative and talented individual with the drive to make a real contribution to the growth of the business.
- Design and development of new product offerings.
- Integration of new features to existing applications.
- Work closely with the hardware development team.
- Software testing.
- Issue tracking and bug fixing.
- Producing high quality software documentation.
- A 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science or another related subject.
- Relevant experience in related position.
Skill and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the following programming languages or technologies:-
- Server: Java
- Web: HTML5, CSS3, Spring, JQuery
- Protocols: RESTful API, JSON, XML, SOAP
- Practical knowledge of the following programming languages or technologies:-
- Cloud: Azure, AWS
- Databases: SQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience of Agile methodologies (Scrum and TDD)
Desirable Experience (not essential):
- Familiarity with machine learning and data mining technologies.
- Experience working with automation server (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab CI)
- Experience in mobile development: Java, Swift, objective C, C++
- Knowledge of embedded development in C/C++
- Fluent in the English language, with strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience of understanding client requirements and translating them into software applications.
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team
- Willing to broaden knowledge across a number of products (software & hardware)
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and working to agreed schedules
- Enthusiastic and innovative in finding solutions
- Understand the commercial implications with respect to finding technical solutions
- Desire to travel, meet with clients & present/promote technical capability of the company