Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Singapore Seraya, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Ensure compliance to the Site HSSE and Process Safety standards, local requirements i.e. Energy Market Authority Act, Electricity Act and local Code of Practices during execution of Engineering Design
- Ensure compliance to Shell Electrical DEPs and DEM1 and DEM2 requirements are met and adherence to DCAF throughout the ORS process.
- Raise/review deviations, derogation when required and stakeholders are engaged for proper approval.
- To support/execute Site lead capital electrical projects when required.
- Ensure Electrical engineering deliverables from EPC contractors are reviewed at different stages of the project and correct inputs/advice are given when required.
- Participate with site project team, EPC contractors and vendors during site walk to address the location plan, construction feasibility and brown field integration.
- Attend project meeting to review the EPC deliverables as and when required.
- Coordinate with relevant disciplines for integrating the new asset with the existing asset.
- Participate and perform Technical bid evaluation of bid packages for Engineering Design and Equipment package.
- Participate with the project team for the safety review when required.
- Provide assurance during Electrical construction and participate/witness the testing when required.
- Develop work plan with contractors, operations, maintenance and all relevant parties for execution with minimum interruption to operating plant. Interface with Operations, Technologists, Engineering, Maintenance & contractors / vendors for smooth execution.
- Attend FAT/SAT and Functional testing to ensure electrical equipment's are meeting the design intent & project premise.
- Prepare / execute/review switching plan, method of statement, JHA when required.
- Provide electrical support during commissioning & startup for the capital projects.
- Review test packages submitted by contractors for completeness and ensure as built make up is done and submit DNF for final update.
- Upon project completion, ensure projects have proper closure for all documentation as-built including GSAP and PM plan.
- Maintain high equipment reliability by ensuring Flawless Project Delivery is implemented in the project.
- Initiate and contribute to improvements including plant safety and reliability.
- Support continuous improvement in project and construction toward LEAN
- Participate during PSSR to verify and declare the electrical installation are meetings the standards and safe to start-up
- Standby duty coverage
- Carry out any other related duties as required
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Diploma/Degree in Electrical engineering.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in the field of electrical engineering.
- Attend HV Operation Course (EMA)
- Oil/petrochemical industry safety course is advantage.
- High level of communication and inter-personal skills is required to interact with all parties/discipline
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video