Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Storage and Backup Administrator
Marathon Oil is seeking a storage and backup administrator with knowledge of and experience with both storage and backup administration in an enterprise environment.- The administrator will work as a part of Marathon Oil-s Linux, Storage, and Backup team in Houston. -As a storage and backup administrator, you will utilize your technical and operational experience to support Marathon-s global storage and backup implementation.
- Provide on-site support for an Enterprise level storage and backup environment.
- Provide administration of SAN and NAS environments.
- Install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and tune backup & replication software and hardware.
- Perform ad-hoc backup and restore requests.
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc capacity and performance reports.
- Ensure compliance with SOX Control requirements.
- Update existing documentation on backup policies and DR related material.-
Technical Skills and Demonstrated Experience with the Following:
- SAN and NAS administration (XtremIO, Isilon, and VNX preferred.)
- Data Domain administration and replication technology.
- Dell EMC Avamar backup & recovery administration.
- Dell EMC Networker backup & recovery administration.
- Bachelor-s degree in IT related field.
- Experience administering SAN and NAS environments.
- Will possess a systematic approach to troubleshooting storage and backup hardware and software issues.
- Use of Service Management process for Incident, Change, & Request tickets.
- Document processes and procedures (when required), including SOX based controls.
- Ability to provide 24x7 support including on˜all rotation.
- Experience with Hadoop environments.
- Experience with EMC DDBoost technology for databases such as Oracle, SAP, SAP HANA, & SQL.
- Experience with Tape Library Management and the rotation of Tapes.
- Experience in Oil & Gas Industry.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.