Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Port Allen, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The process engineer is accountable for process development and optimization, product development and optimization and some early process design. In this role, the process engineer will support plant operations to improve manufacturing quality, costs, productivity and flexibility. This position also scales up new products, serves as the lead on plant trials to optimize and characterize processes and products. This role requires significant co-ordination with the other engineering disciplines and Operations.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in Chemical/Industrial/catalyst manufacturing environment supporting manufacturing.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and PLC controls desirable. SAP, Aspen Tech or Yokogawa/Siemens PCS a plus.
- Previous knowledge of catalyst manufacturing/solids handling and analytical methods is desirable
- Knowledge of statistical methods and experimental design
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Project, Word and Powerpoint.
- Ability to Travel as Required for Training and Company Business. <10% travel is expected
- Knowledge of county, state, and federal environmental regulations is desirable
- Available to provide support to Operations 24/7
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video