Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Procurement Manager for Engineering & Maintenance is primarily responsible for managing contracts with Engineering partners and leading project / capex procurement activities that will support the Fuel Retail Network construction activities & maintenance of assets, in particular contracts of Engineering Design & Construction, Site Equipment & Maintenance, Automation, Soil & Ground Water Services
To contribute to the delivery of Retail Network programme safely, within schedule and in a cost efficient manner. Contribute to procurement Enterprise Value contribution targets of Downstream Businesses in India and ensure that the maximum benefit is derived from strategic procurement spend by:
1. Providing proactive strategic Contracting & Procurement support in the acquisition and contract management of Goods & Services required by the Fuel Retail Businesses.
2. Ensuring Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) approach is adopted while delivering key Business priorities, efficient delivery of Procurement Category Strategies and post award Contract Management.
3. Providing a strong commercial influence in the thinking and behavior of the business users and applying best practices in the procurement of all Goods and Services
4. Support the Country Lead Procurement Manager (DS) & the Global Category Managers in developing and executing the category & procurement strategies within the country based on Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP).
5. Ensuring relationship management & interface with the Local, Regional and Global Contract Boards of Retail COBs, based on the threshold value of the contracts finalized
6. Develop expertise in market influences, market players, TCO, Cost Model, future trends of various categories managed. Maintain sound understanding of the local supply markets in the country, the cost drivers and the major suppliers in all relevant categories.
7. Act as C&P focal point to the stakeholders' on the retail network category as well as for the Capex/Opex related activities. Regularly & proactively engage the business stakeholders to assess business demand & needs;
8. Manage & Support supplier relations, Conduct bids, hold commercial negotiations, implementation, providing a conduit between Shell and suppliers in the resolution of operational, supplier performance issues & conflicts.
9. Responsible for ensuring that contracts are operationalised effectively in the ERP system and efficiently managing the standardized Requisition to Pay (RtP) process within the KPIs and support the payment process.
10.Responsible for ensuring compliance in terms of recording and updating e2e contracting process through SAP Ariba, responsible for carrying out Supplier Qualification, Integrity Due Diligence, Assessment of vendors for Safety, Financial Stability, compliance to Supplier Principles etc.
Geographical Coverage: India Market Unit
Business Interfaces: Stakeholders in Business, Contract Holders, Finance, Contract Board Members
Function interfaces: Buyers, Procurement Managers, Global Category Managers, Finance, Safety Managers, other Subject Matter experts
Supplier Interfaces: Mid to Senior Staff
3rd Party Spend for Network and other related DS categories in India is approx. US$ 30 million/Year.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
- Bachelor Degree (Engineering preferred), MBA would be an advantage; MCIPS qualification desired, not must
- Candidate must have at least 10 years of hands-on experience managing end to end procurement or Supply Chain Management in a leading organization preferably in related industry (Energy) or in managing capital projects / asset management with exposure in implementing contracts / managing contractors.
- Proven track record of delivering results, execution excellence, managing change and strong customer focus
- Strong procurement and/or commercial experience, ideally in services with excellent negotiation skills and exposure to developing and managing suppliers/business partners
- Proven Leadership skills, Strong interpersonal and Communications skills with ability to influence and motivate others
- Fluent in managing e2e procurement process in ERP, knowledge in SAP Ariba will be useful, strong in data analysis and data crunching
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with Procurement processes and in managing categories/ contracting models.
- Ability to work and deliver in virtual teams in a cross cultural environment with strong stakeholder management skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video