Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Senior Accountant.
Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information. Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies. Prepare invoices and financial reports by performing the various duties and responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
• Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
• Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product. Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
• Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
6- 8 progressive accounting and/or financial analysis experience
Fluent in English. Ability to read, write, and comprehend complex information and instructions.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to issue and interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including advanced MS Excel, accounting software, and manufacturing/inventory software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance
CPA a plus
Understands internal/external customers' needs and concerns in the short to long-term and to provide sound recommendations and or/or solutions
Ability to listen to others and communicate effectively and in a manner that fosters open communication.
CRITICAL & ANALYTICAL THINKING
Interpret, link and analyze information in order to understand a variety of issues and/or ideas.
Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Complies with established control systems and rules.
Know how to use personal initiative and positive working relationships with colleagues to address and solve problems; maintain personal responsibility, credibility, and accountability for actions and decisions; apply basic human relations skills to manage organizations, motivate personnel and resolve conflicts
• Performs complex, specialized accounting and budgeting, cost accounting and fiscal operation functions.
• Directs daily operations of an accounting system; develops non-standard reports.
• Resolves complex problems that do not have a clear precedent, may include implementation of new accounting procedures.
• Examines and analyzes complex financial statements. Implement changes based on findings.
• Researches, analyzes and ensures implementation of new and /or changing accounting and reporting systems. Provides training and support to other employees on new practices or systems.
• Conveys complex issues in a clear and concise manner. Consults and negotiates with senior management, may recommend actions or alternative to be taken by management when data discloses unfavorable trend or deviation or finical mismanagement.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to, stand and use hands for a variety of tasks such as keyboarding and writing. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee performs the duties of this job almost exclusively in an indoor office environment. The employee is rarely exposed to moving mechanical parts or outside weather condi tions. The noise level in the work environment is typically low.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.