Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Skills: IT - Software Development
Other Skills: The Firmware Engineer / Developer will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of firmware assets.
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
Reservoir Group is an international leader in the niche oilfield activities of reservoir sampling, analysis and evaluation, well monitoring, specialist well services and premium drilling services. We are committed to helping clients reap full value from their energy resources with smart, high value, low-cost solutions.
Reservoir Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports to: Engineering Manager - Canada
The Firmware Engineer / Developer will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of firmware assets within Omega's product line; working closely with hardware, software, mechanical, and manufacturing engineers to commercialize new products and improve existing ones. The Firmware Engineer / Developer is required to develop and manage scopes, tasks and timelines with respect to the firmware portion of engineering projects throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Research and investigate new potential and innovative products
- Develop new products to conform to industry / client requirements and scope of works alongside a multi-disciplinary team of electrical, software, mechanical, manufacturing and sustaining engineers
- Maintain and sustain existing and legacy product lines
- Develop and maintain design specification documentation as required by the Product Development Process from concept evaluation, ROI, scope creation, design specifications to project close out and release
- Prepare firmware testing procedures and perform / oversee extensive testing of firmware during design cycle and during pre-release testing by other departments
- Evaluate and improve manufacturing and testing processes, procedures and equipment
- Responsible for developing and meeting project timelines and budgets
- Investigate assigned change requests to existing products and complete the detailed changes of parts, assemblies and drawings and testing
- Interact with various company staff on a variety of issues to provide engineering support, improvement and guidance as required
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all QHSE policies and procedures
- Develop and Perform training programs for both internal teams and external clients
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience using ANSI C 99 in an embedded environment
- PIC16/18 assembly language or comparable 8-bit platform (mostly PIC microprocessor)
- On board data bus interfaces: I2C, SPI, parallel data bus
- External data bus: Modbus, SD/SDHC, FAT16/32, USB, CRC for error detection
- Low power embedded system design, hi temperature system design
- Sensor/transducer theory and application. Calibration process
- Self-motivated, innovative, multi-tasking yet pragmatic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both orally and written
- Keen to develop career and broaden experience in a dynamic and fast-moving manufacturing environment
- Responsiveness to quality issues and customer concerns
- Positive attitude, willingness to support others
- BSc Computer Science or EE or Technology Diploma with equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years' experience developing firmware for small to medium scale embedded systems
- Field experience in the instrumentation and/or Oil &Gas Industry an asset
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in Reservoir Group but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reservoir Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society.