Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Based in Midland, Texas, the General Manager - Permian, will be responsible for managing and developing staff, as well as maintaining strong working relationships with our customers/vendors to ensure efficient and cost effective business management that is in alignment with company strategies.
This incumbent operates in a high level project management role, ensuring company complies with client delivery schedules while functional and technical specifications are met in full. The General Manager will need to drive, lead and coordinate the Permian management team who manage the main business functions of sales, engineering production, installation, finance, and QHSE.
Leadership & Business Management
- Develop and deliver business strategies that support delivery of the ambitions and the wider company strategies
- Ensure company Core Values are respected and embedded in all business practices
- Provide consistent visible leadership internally and externally to the organization, particularly in areas of QA and HSE
- Act as the focal point for communication of business values and ambitions to the local organization
- Help to develop and manage the annual budget, and thereby deliver a financially responsible and successful business
- Organize and manage business resources to optimize efficiency and commercial returns
- Hire, train, motivate and mentor all staff including overseeing mentoring programs and staff career development
- Coordination of team personnel and resources to maximize sales, customer service and manufacturing efficiency
- Maintain staff training programs and competency records (technical, safety and quality)
- Oversee all Performance Management including disciplinary actions and terminations, if necessary
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all health and safety policies and procedures
- Provide reporting as required within the company structure to ensure visibility of progress against targets
- Build a cross-functional team environment where everyone is accountable for all prescribed responsibilities to ensure product completion of customer deliverables
- Provide support, direction and regular financial performance updates to the business development team, ensuring business development plans support delivery of annual budget and medium term business ambitions
- Work with the Business Development Team to ensure commercial strategies are supportive of budget delivery
- Attend and represent company at client appreciation events, tradeshows, industry tradeshows and conferences
- Lead and participate in strategic planning and market identification
- Assist in arranging company seminars and workshops for clients
- Gather, review, assess, filter, select and recommend new product developments
- Relate services available to existing and potential clients
- Drive efficient and high quality manufacturing
- Oversee production and efficient field installations
- Ensure use of industry best practices in engineering
- Foster a culture of innovation within engineering
- Commitment to support the application of safety and quality systems, thus driving the highest quality cradle to grave systems
- This position will require a person to sit, stand or walk for up to 8+ hours per day.
- This position may require occasional lifting.
- Work hours commensurate with the duties of the position, including work outside of normal business hours may be required, including holidays. Travel will be required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
- 5-10 Years industry experience in a related field
Additional desired skills and qualifications include:
- Public Speaking
- Closing Skills
- Motivation Skills
- Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges
- Market Knowledge
- Microsoft Office