Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: 80,000 - 90,000 per year
Location: Convent, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Only qualified candidates need to apply.
3+ years Insulation Inspection Exp.
2 Year Assignment - Full Time w/benifits
The Equipment - Cylindrical shapes of more than 24" outside diameter for which preformed sectional pipe insulation materials are not suitable. Subject to the size, this category includes items such as pressure vessels, shop fabricated tanks, heat exchangers, reactors, piping and process equipment including attachments thereto such as nozzles. This definition does not include boilers and heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs).
Note: Cylindrical shapes of 24" or smaller diameter shall be treated as pipe. Refer to definition of PIPE.
The insulation system shall be inspected during the following stages
- ? At the time of material receipt
- ? Before applying the insulation
- ? During insulation application
- ? Before and during weatherproofing
Quality Control - Before Applying Insulation
Quality control activities shall include at least the following prior to insulation application:
- ? If the pipe or equipment to be insulated is heat treated, inform all insulators that welding of insulation supports is strictly prohibited.
- ? Verify that pressure tests have been completed.
- ? Verify that surfaces to be insulated are clean and dry.
- ? Verify that painting at protrusions through insulation has been done, if required.
- ? Inspect the insulation supports for correct location, type, width, and length.
Quality Control - During Insulation Application
Quality control activities shall include at least the following during insulation application:
- ? Make sufficient checks to verify that the materials applied are the same as the specified or approved materials.
- ? Verify the insulated items, insulation code, thickness and weatherproofing.
- ? Verify that the insulation surface is uniform without gaps and voids.
- ? Inspect for tightness of joints and fasteners.
- ? Inspect the location of bands.
- ? Verify that the insulation at the bellows type expansion joints is properly installed.
- ? Verify the insulation segments are properly staggered especially at cradles and at changes in directions.
Quality Control - Before and During Weatherproofing
Quality control activities shall include at least the following prior to and during weatherproofing:
- ? Verify that the insulation is completely dry and free from gaps.
- ? Inspect for proper overlaps of metal and flashing.
- ? Verify the application of sealant at the circumferential overlaps of metal jacketing on horizontal pipe and equipment.
- ? Verify that the location of bands, screws, S-clips, J-clips, and breather springs are as specified.
- ? Ensure the moisture protection and weatherproofing at cut outs, protrusions, and locations where moisture could enter the insulation is appropriately applied.
- ? Review of insulation thickness
- ? Inspection of clips and bands compliant with drawings
- ? Confirm insulation materials are dry and insulation materials, which become moist or damp to touch shall be discarded and are not permitted to be applied. Drying of moist and damp insulation and its use thereafter is not permitted.
- ? Inspect metallic jacket to be dry and not stained
- ? Mastics shall be stored at temperatures recommended by the Manufacturer.
- ? Materials shall be new and shall be used before the expiration date.
- ? Sealants, mastics and adhesives shall be supplied in factory-sealed containers.
- ? The covers shall be of a minimum number of pieces with joints located to eliminate any water
- ? penetration into the insulation or towards the hot facing.
- ? Insulation shall be stopped short of flange connections at a distance of the bolt length plus 1- to
- ? permit removal of the bolts without damage occurring to the insulation.
- ? Insulation shall be applied without gaps and voids.
Intertek is one of the largest and most respected specialized staffing and outsourcing agencies operating in the engineering and technical services marketplace. Working closely with its clients, Intertek has played a critical role in staffing some of the most notable projects to have been designed, engineered, constructed and commissioned on all major continents.
Intertek’s competitive advantage lies in its unique ability to provide highly qualified personnel that clearly meet the client’s needs, expectations and site placement requirements. This is accomplished through a network of dedicated, proactive and strategic recruitment centers established in multiple geographic regions providing an impressive ability to identify, screen, hire and deploy not only expatriate resources but also local and regional expertise. This proficiency is not easily found in today's marketplace, thus positioning Intertek to contribute significant value to the client's local labor content and sustainable development initiatives.