To support Shell Internal Audit (SIA) and to allow for effective and efficient delivery of it's mission to provide independent assurance to the Group leadership, the Audit Committee and ultimately the Board on the status of internal control systems and risk management processes, which have been designed to help Royal Dutch Shell accomplish its objectives.
SIA helps the Group to achieve its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Shell Control Framework in its various aspects as well as risk management practices.
In this context, the purpose of this role is to provide operational support to allow SIA to operate in most effective and efficient way (part of Operational excellence). These positions are focused around three areas of support:
1 - Scheduling: ensuring that there is an optimum mix (based on skill sets, knowledge, experience, personal development goals, required travel, costs, etc) of auditors assigned to individual audits;
2 - Functional IT support / backup for our Audit Management tool (incl Sharepoint)
3 - Quality Control Office (QCO) ensuring that all audit reports issued comply with the Audit Methodology and the defined Quality Control standards;
Principle accountabilities include:
- Support the Annual Audit Process (AAP), which includes ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the scheduling information, clear and concise Management Information to the LT; validation of the audits on AAP requirements before it moves to production and report out;
- Maintain a clear audit trail (mail and Galileo (our Audit IT tool)) supporting / explaining all material changes to the original audit plan;
- Support the process to have all auditors booked on a min. of 8 audit activities (audits, reviews or projects etc.), which is a joint responsibility with Audit Managers and Heads of Audit;
- To ensure that the co-sourcing partners will deliver the right quality of resources at the right time;
- To ensure that the audit Teams are agreed and communicated in time.
- To compose the most effective Audit Teams (recognizing the agreed scheduling constraints) and to prevent wherever possible last-minute scheduling changes.
- Support the periodically report out of integrated MI, which includes some Indicators linked to scheduling;
- Providing administrative and systems support to ensure that the QCO objectives related to the quality and issuance of Audit Reports are met.
- Correcting non-compliances and errors where possible and returning the final Audit Report with a list of corrections made to the relevant AM and LA for their final approval to issue.
- Issuance of all Shell Internal Audit Reports once approved.
- Ensuring that the stakeholder/auditee feedback forms are issued using the feedback tool in Galileo.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing), experience working with senior colleagues, fluent in English, pro-active, assertive, problem solving, able to speak up, have own views shared, solution driven, self-empowerment, able to do virtual working, flexibility, can share the bad news in a constructive way with more senior colleagues.
High degree of knowledge of Share point and familiar with IT systems and related change mgt..
The incumbent must have very good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and influence effectively at several levels (usually more senior) in SIA.
Prior experience in scheduling activities (e.g. logistics, staff planning, marine jetty or transport schedulers) is required.
Experiences to interact with senior Stakeholders speak up, IT experience and excellent communication skills is preferred and should be highlighted in the motivation of the application.
The position is a global role and it requires a flexible working attitude to respect the different global time zones.
This role requires a high degree of gravitas in the interaction with senior staff (Audit Managers and Heads of Audit) to optimize SIA resource utilization across all areas of the SIA organisation.
Limited travel to the NL is expected especially in the first few months to ensure a proper training and handover from the current NL based team.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video