Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Director of Business Development (London or Aberdeen)
* This position will not provide relocation.
Safeguarding lives and the environment through integrated systems performance
Since 1998, Athens Group (AG), a Houston based company, has set as their mission to help operators, drilling contractors and asset owners ensure safety, increase uptime, and safeguard the environment over the entire asset lifecycle. We are a comprehensive service provider for the verification and inspection of all marine, subsea, and drilling equipment. Our Knowledge Delivery System?was developed from our experience on over 350 high specification drilling and production projects worldwide. This system allows AG to deliver the highest possible test and inspection coverage with consistency, traceability and repeatability across a company's asset fleet.We have many imitators, but AG originated and sets the bar for the E&P equipment verification business - now considered a key driver of operational safety and reliability. Our Proven Practices? Methodology sets us apart from our competitors and helps ensure that our customers' E&P assets remain fit for purpose throughout their lifecycle.
We are Driven by These Core Values
· Safety- Everyone goes home after their shift with no lost time due to unsafe processes, practices or environment.
· Adaptability- We adapt rapidly to market shifts in ways our competitors can't.
· Team Discipline- We're team oriented, with the professional discipline to discuss and then fully commit to the decision and the team whether we agree or not.
· Creativity- We are experts at creating new ways to tap the unrealized potential in our customers' operations.
· Commitment- We are aligned with and committed to achieving company goals and exceeding customer expectations.
· Focus- We understand that our ability to deliver unmatched value depends upon carefully choosing our customers and narrowing our value focus.
· Results- The proof of our value is found only in the results we deliver to our customers. Deeply rooted in the culture of any customer-intimate company is the sense that if our customer does well, we've done well.
Does the Following Describe You?
· Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to build strong, long-lasting relationships based on trust
· Unconditional commitment to your company and client successes
· Positive attitude with an abundance mentality
· Results driven with a high value placed on personal accountability
· Confident and Resilient
Who We Want
Our ideal Director of Business Development candidate is searching for an opportunity to apply their unparalleled work ethic and large strategic account experience to expand our business and achieve revenue goals within their assigned accounts. You maintain an appetite for continuous improvement and are a passionate believer in your ability as a trusted advisor to creatively solve customer problems. You feel responsible for achieving goals and executing direct sales activities that ensure you will always be challenged. You have a strong desire to expand your knowledge about the Oil and Gas industry and continuously develop your skills to establish credibility and build positive relationships with clients and colleagues.
A Snapshot of What You'll Do
The Director of Business Development will directly report to the President and will work closely with the delivery, marketing and leadership teams to achieve sales goals and execute company strategies. You will be responsible for the European and African marketplace to develop relationships with decision makers and key influencers. You will ensure new opportunities meet AG fit criteria. You will serve as the primary point of contact with customers and new strategic accounts ensuring we have all the information necessary to meet prospect and client needs by effectively executing the company's sales process. You will respond to prospect needs with core Athens Group solutions as well as find innovative ways to use AG skills and expertise to meet customer challenges.
· 7+ years sales experience
· 3+ years of experience in/or with the upstream oil and gas industry
· Experience selling abstract services such as consulting, inspections, audits investigations and other like offerings with intangible deliverables such as recommendations or certifications
· Exceptional listening and communication skills with the ability to provide a sense of teamwork and collaboration both internally and with clients
· Strong analytical skills
· Documented track record of meeting/exceeding quotas
· Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) related degree or equivalent work experience
· Sales Experience with the upstream oil and gas ecosystem
· Basic technical understanding of equipment control systems and a desire for continuous learning
What We Will Include
This role is very unique and an outstanding opportunity for the right type of individual. An excellent salary and commission structure (upon achieving set goals), company-paid health and vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO and paid holidays, Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and support in Professional Memberships and Licenses along with comprehensive screening and evaluation, intense onboarding and recurrent training are all offered.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your resume and include a brief email explaining who you are and why you believe you would be the best possible choice for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athens Group, founded in 1998, provides Measurable Risk Reduction for Drilling and Production Assets.
Our suite of industry-leading technology assurance services helps our customers design, construct and operate safe, reliable rigs and platforms in compliance with the highest standards for performance and reliability.
We identify and remediate risks that, if left unchecked, can lead to project delays, expensive non-productive time, and health, safety and environmental incidents.