Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Norco, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Logistics and Energy Management Staff Engineer delivers Process Engineering / Operations
Support for the Logistics Production Team and provides discipline support and leadership related to overall energy monitoring/performance to the Norco Manufacturing Complex (NMC), a 100% Shell owned and operated Refinery and Chemical Plant.
The Staff Engineer provides support to the 24x7 Production organization to ensure excellence in Process Safety, Reliability, Margin/Energy Optimization, and Cost Management. In addition, the Staff Engineer plays a key role in Continuous Improvement, Project Development, Turnaround Planning and Corporate Energy Reporting.
Key responsibilities for Logistics aspects of this role include:
- Delivering support to Gasoline Tanks/Blending/Wharf Operations.
- Escalating actions/issues/concerns with the responsible Support Engineers for Logistics assets associated with Refinery and Chemical process units.
- Representing Process Engineering in Logistics morning alignment, biweekly tank turnaround, and monthly Production Team meetings.
- Delivering through the Maintenance Excellence, Manage Threats and Opportunities, Management of Change, Ensure Safe Production, and other work processes with emphasis on conducting Proactive Technical Monitoring and leading plant changes in the assigned assets.
Key responsibilities for Energy Management aspects of this role include:
- Leading Norco's Carbon and Energy Management (CEM) program, including the energy aspects of Solomon Benchmarking, the annual Business Planning Cycle, and Basic Data reconciliation.
- Providing leadership/guidance for CO2/Energy Reduction through ownership of the Green House Gas and Energy Management Plan.
- Providing direction during T/A & Pit-stop scope development on cost effective solutions to eliminate Top Energy Bad Actors.
- Ensuring external best practices and Shell internal guidelines and specifications are integrated into site practice.
- Providing leadership to contract support personnel for successful execution of operations support related work.
- Working with other Work Process Focal Points to ensure that these processes are effectively integrated with CEM.
This position interfaces with stakeholders at all levels of the Norco Manufacturing Complex and with multiple Regional/Global stakeholders. Interpersonal skills, negotiating skills, networking skills and ability to manage multiple interfaces with varying needs and priorities are critical to success in this position. A successful Staff Engineer will understand impacts of decisions on production, operability, safety, reliability and economics.
- Reports to the Process Engineering Team Lead for Utilities and CEM
- The role does not include direct reports. It does require delivery of site goals through influence.
- Works a day staff schedule
- Extra hours may be required
- Some travel may be required
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum eight (8) years process engineering, production support, and/or project experience in energy.
- Proven ability to achieve safety, reliability and operability within cost and schedule constraints for all CEM activities.
- Proven ability to coordinate efforts of in Maintenance, Process Engineering and Production departments.
- Demonstrated Green House Gas (GHG) and Basic Data work processes experience preferred.
- Proven continuous improvement experience reducing energy and GHG while delivering improved reliability and safety performance preferred.
- Proven ability coaching engineers and working with operations on technical issues preferred.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video