Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: £55.00 - £88.50 per year
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Working hours - 5/40 or 9/80
Duration - contract
Location - Houston, TX
Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company's Health Safety Environmental System (HSE) together with the risk analyst of professionals and the provision of risk programs.
- Review and align Risk Policies to align with Company objectives
- Review and update HSE System; Expand to cover the widening range of engineering disciplines and project activities in which Company is involved, specifically procurement and construction management.
- Interact with the project managers of the various projects and with management on issues of overall Risk/HSE matters.
- Assist project management staff in developing project specific Risk and HSE Plans
- Monitor the implementation of established quality procedures on ongoing projects, which include feasibility studies, design, procurement, fabrication inspection, and construction supervision.
- Conduct or organize periodic audits in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain quality Risk and HSE records.
- Advise management of issues and conditions that could adversely affect the quality of work product.
What you will bring
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Must have intimate knowledge and experience of Risk Assurance and HSE systems applicable to project management and engineering design teams.
- Familiarity with recognized standards such as ISO-9001, 14001, etc. is required.
- Must possess extremely strong organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in similar positions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Knowledge of Project Management software and Word Processing software
Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to s and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in/out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.