Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tomball, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Duration - Direct
Location - Tomball, TX
The Lean Project Manager is the subject matter expert responsible for driving highly technical, cross-functional projects from end to end in a custom equipment engineering and manufacturing business. The PM in a lean environment provides detailed project performance analysis and uses the outputs to drive continuous improvement to business processes while providing excellent customer service.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Essential functions may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Responsible for coordinating with customers and overseeing the design, revision, manufacture and shipment of process equipment and pressure vessels as well as field service and warranty requirements.
- Responsible for all customer communication, scheduling, change order management, internal work planning and scheduling, and cost control and forecasting for projects ranging from $100,000 to $10,000,000 in value.
- Demonstrates strong commercial and technical decision-making and problem-solving skills on complete energy-related process equipment projects, primarily performed for higher-spec integrated energy companies and engineering companies as the primary customer base.
- Analyzes project performance from a financial perspective and develops plans to maintain and improve gross margin.
- Partners with the other functions to develop recommendations on complex operational issues including but not limited to the clarification and resolution of production output opportunities.
- Evaluates underlying operational risks; leads the development and implementation of viable plans to mitigate risks.
- Prepares reports indicating solution or range of possible alternatives in rank of desirability and probability of success.
- Oversees the completion of projects including planning; assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results.
- Drive continuous improvement of analytical process and tools to support on-going business changes.
- Recommend and implement improvements for operations, equipment or related matters
- Provides technical leadership and business expertise to subordinates and peers on complex projects; takes action in directing evaluating project issues and recommending appropriate business solutions.
- Deals with complex technical issues and applies experience to driving efficiencies and cost reductions on assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
A bachelor's or associate's degree in Management, Mechanical Engineering, Drafting Design, or related field plus 5 years of engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, production, or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, OR High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 10 years of engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, production, or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
Master of Science degree plus 5 years of engineering, product development, full-cycle project management, production, or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in progressive roles in similar product/market environments
- Strong customer-focused background
- Firm understanding of key business & project metrics, including cost tracking & management, and change order management
- Experience leading and managing project teams, including engineering, design, and manufacturing
- Experience in the oil and gas industry with background in Manufacturing or Construction
- Experience with modular process equipment
- Technical problem-solving skills
Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to s and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in/out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.