Job Title: Electrical Panel Tech
Schedule: Monday - Friday (weekends as needed)
Location: Carencro, LA
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values??
- Have a professional attitude with good communication skills and motivation to advance.
- Able to fill out time sheet neatly and accurately.
- Able to lead Daily JSEAs.
- Must pass drug screen.
- Must be orientated with all company policies and complete computer based safety training.
- May be required to complete forklift training certification.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must own personal set of tools.
- Able to use power tools safely without supervision.
- Understands and is able to correctly use a multi-meter.
- Able to identify and understand device and component symbols.
- Able to describe device and component functions and usages.
- Able to check components received for fabrication of panel.
- Able to layout and drill a backplate and enclosure.
- Able to wire up panels according to prints with little supervision.
- Capable of installing frontal tags and component tags with prints. Check spelling, color, and size per drawings.
- Able to build crates, remove fittings from components and place in sorted order.
- Able to work with Shop Helper and Electrical Technician I to mount components in panel. Able to mentor Shop Helper.
- Able to accurately fill out panel fabrication, testing and QAQC documents.
- 2 plus years panel shop experience
- Candidates must live within 45 miles of Carencro, Louisiana
- Lifting and or carrying of objects up to twenty pounds, unrestricted walking and standing sixty percent of the time.
- Must successfully complete agility test
- Must be able to stand for six hours, sit for two hours, lifts tool bag and small equipment on a regular basis
- Must be able to differentiate between color