Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Galleyhand, Catering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Must have a valid TWIC Card
The Galley Hand is the person responsible for various job assignments from helping in the galley and dining areas, to general housekeeping duties depending on the customer contract.
The utility hand's duties may include assisting the cook with food and dining room preparations, assisting in serving meals, washing dishes, or other work in the galley or kitchen, as well as work outside the kitchen. General Housekeeping duties include: making beds, cleaning latrines, cleaning and buffing floors, and garbage disposal to name a few.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Because of the various job assignments, the specific duties will vary, but at some time you may be required to perform some or all of the following:
- Assist cook with food preparation and serving as well as properly storing foods and protecting foods from contaminants.
- Prepare and sustain constant supply of fresh coffee.
- Rotate groceries and supplies, especially perishables.
- Unload and store groceries and supplies.
- Clean and organize galley area including walk-in freezer, pantries, and storage areas.
- Clean and sanitize galley equipment, dishes, utensils, and refuse containers.
- Clean and maintain orderliness of galley, galley areas, quarters, and other areas for which Taylors' employees are responsible, including making beds daily, regularly cleaning bathrooms, and sweeping, mopping, stripping, and waxing floors regularly.
- Inventory and sack dirty linen to send to cleaners.
- Inventory incoming clean linen and properly store.
- Attend safety meetings, inspections, fire drills, and other meetings or demonstrations as required.
- Demonstrate your skills and duties to new employees to help train them.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Elementary Education
- Will train, but prefer basic education or instruction on proper hygiene practices.
- Will train, but prefer basic instruction on prevention of food borne illness.
Job Skills Required:
- Reading and writing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to follow specific instructions.
- Ability to interact with people.
Measurements for Performance:
- Customer relations.
- Safety record.
- Employee relations/teamwork.
- Job performance assessment.
- Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent pulling/pushing up to 70 lbs.
- Frequent stooping.
- Frequent climbing stairs and ladders.
- Prolonged standing.
- Prolonged walking.
- Frequent grasping and reaching in all directions.
- Speaking - Good Communication skills for informing fellow employees or others specific information related to the job site, and in accurate, clear, loud, and/or swift manner.
- Hearing - Hearing skills that will enable emergency or exact information to be heard through alarms or verbal communication.
- Feeling - Manual Dexterity especially with fingertips.
- Equilibrium stability - Control of balance.
- Ability to support one's own weight for swing rope transfers.
- Ability to pass drug screen and physical having no active communicable diseases. (diseases as listed by the Centers for Disease Control, Department of Health and Human Services and transmitted through food supply)
- Specific Phobia-free- No fear of flying, heights, confined spaces, traveling by boat, or not seeing land.
- Alertness for safe and proper job performance.
- Ability to communicate and interact with people.