Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Peterson Recruitment currenltly have an exciting opportunity with a prestigious client. Our client is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy
industry. They develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. Operating the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs.
Additionally, a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. Using applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position serves as functional tax support for the European region including, but not limited to, the company's UK, Norway and Switzerland operations. The Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for supporting the Tax Manager, Europe in providing the necessary (1) tax compliance and provision support for local statutory financials and consolidated US parent company reporting and (2)tax planning support to the region.
This position will have a significant focus in the company's UK operations and tax compliance. The job functions of this position will encompass approximately 60% tax/financial reporting and compliance and 40% planning.
Tax compliance functions include, but are not limited to, supporting the Tax Manager, Europe with:
•Ensuring that the company is tax compliant within operating jurisdictions
• Coordinating tax filings and information requests with 3rd party service providers
• Facilitating resolution of tax audit exercises within the operational jurisdictions
• Assisting in preparing transfer pricing documentation, especially regarding intercompany transactions
• Supporting the functional group efforts around various indirect taxes such as VAT, GST, payroll, etc.
Financial reporting functions include, but are not limited to, supporting the Tax Manager, Europe with:
• Ensuring, recording and advisingon accounting for income and deferred taxes within operating jurisdictions
• Identifying and evaluating corporate income tax uncertainties
• Developing and complying with internal controls around tax reporting
Tax research and planning functions include, but are not limited to, supporting the Tax Manager, Europe with:
• Providing international tax advice regarding structuring of new business, projects, client and supplier agreements
• Undertaking permanent establishment reviews and making recommendations as needed
• Assisting with international restructuring planning and implementation
• Assisting with international acquisitions
• Keeping abreast of new legislation and developing best practices
•This position hasno direct supervisory responsibilities.
•Reports to Tax Manager, Europe
• Bachelor's degree (Business, Finance, Law or Accounting)
• Minimum three (3) years post qualified experience (PQE)
• Fluent in English
• Qualified Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Advisor (CA/ACA/ACCA/CTA)
• US tax and GAAP knowledge
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft
• Knowledge of other European languages
• Experience with multi-national organizations with general experience in multiple European jurisdictions
• Strong experience of UK corporation tax and tax compliance and solid track record of dealing with HMRC
• Proven track record in tax compliance & planning within a multi-national business or Big 4 tax experience or equivalent
• Experience interacting with and coordinating multiple business functions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
• Global Thinker and Creative Professional who can contribute in a team environment
• Strong analytical skills with a pro-active approach towards the desired result
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to collaborate with team members and drive results
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from external and internal customers
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.