Skills: Operations Management, Geologist
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for a Senior Operations Geologist for a contract position, based in Westhill, Aberdeen.
The position will be required to work with the teams involved in the areas above and will have extensive experience with North Sea Operations. High levels of well planning and well delivery activity will be the focus of the role and the requirement is for someone who needs minimal supervision. The position will require non-standard working hours including evenings and / or weekend duties
- Lead well planning activities for designated areas in conjunction with the drilling team, geoscientists and Business Development in accordance with Company Rules, Guidelines and Procedures;
- Ensure timely production of the Well Statement of Requirements (WSOR) and the detailed data acquisition programmed to ensure optimized well planning.
- Ensure contract release orders for relevant services are issued, monitor service quality, conduct technical approval of invoices and compile data acquisition costs.
- Interpret or validate geological data while drilling to optimize ongoing operations and limit financial exposure.
- Report and communicate interpreted data to Geosciences and Drilling groups.
- Ensure Final Geological Reports are prepared and issued in accordance with defined timelines.
- Update geological operations lessons learnt databases and provide Return on Experience (REX).
- Train/coach/mentor junior Operations Geologists, Operations Geologists and Wellsite Geologists
- Apply Company's Health, Safety and Environment Policy and Safety Management System Plan
- Guarantees pertinence, quality of data & geological measurements acquired in wells.
- Acts as an operational point of contact for geological service companies involved in the drilling of wells and ensures that contracted services are delivered as requested.
- Ensures formation evaluation is coherent with the well objectives
- Autonomous and rapid integration of well data to facilitate decisions (drilling, coring, logging, testing)
- Proper archiving and data management practices are followed
- Standalone professional (BSc equivalent or above) in a Geoscience based study with appropriate experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Excellent communications skills
- In-depth knowledge of formation evaluation services, well planning & delivery
- Pore pressure prediction and analysis methodology expertise
- Gravitas software experience